Tuesday, April 12, 2011

e.l.f. mineral lipstick review


I have never really been a lipstick girl. I only own a few different shades from different brands, including a few reds, a black cherry colour and a nude beige. I really wanted to start wearing lipstick more often, so I thought I would buy a few wearable neutral shades to start with. Because of the affordable prices I thought e.l.f. was a good place to start my collection. So after watching a few swatches online, I went shopping.

I bought two lipsticks, one in runway pink and one in natural nymph:

e.l.f. says: "Now you can hydrate your lips and get a lasting soft color naturally! This nourishing blend of exotic oils, natural waxes, vitamins and plant extracts create the perfect moisturizing formula. The sleek lipstick has superior color payoff, glides easily onto lips, and is long wearing. Lips stay perfectly hydrated and soft throughout the day for no fuss, lip loving happiness. All our mineral makeup is 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes."

Price: £3,50 in the UK, DKK 29,58 in Denmark, $5,00 in the US.

Ingredients: Jojoba oil, Coconut oil, Candeilla wax, Castor oil, Shea butter, Olive oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Retinyl palmitate, Mica, Titanium dioxide. may contain: CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI77742

packaging: I really like the packaging. It’s a sleek black container with a soft matte finish. It looks elegant and much better than I would have expected for such an affordable price.

Staying power: There is nothing special to say anbout the staying power of this lipstick. It's not made to be a long lasting lipstick. It stays on just as long as any other decent lipstick.


Natural nymph
A nice nude beige, just the right colour for a nude lip. It can be quite pale on some, and I would say it probably suits lighter skintones the best. Though it has a creamy consistency, it does dry my lips out a bit. I have dry lips so this may not be an issue for you. I like to put a bit of gloss on top of it to make it more wearable and less drying. Overall I really like this lipstick and wear it quite often.

Runway pink
runway lips
A wearable nude pink colour. It is supposed to have silver shimmer in it, but I really can’t see any. Again I would say that this colour would work best for lighter skintones. This lipstick is a bit creamier and not as drying as the natural nymph, so I have no problem wearing it without a gloss. This has become my favorite lipstick and I reach for it all the time.

Pros: nice packaging, affordable, good quality, good pigmentation.
Cons: can’t see the shimmer, some shades are a bit drying, needs a wider varety of colours like black, purples and peachy shades.

Overall I am really pleased with the lipsticks, and would not hesitate to repurchase. I may try a few of their other shades, and let you know how they work for me.
 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Hey great review, I just started blogging myself, you should check it out.

    http://theopijunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hvor er det sjovt - jeg er næsten færdig med et review på præcis de samme farver :D Jeg synes dog at dine ser meget lysere ud end mine, det er ret mærkeligt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. Det kan være dine læber er mærkere i forvejen end mine er? Jeg er meget lys i huden og mine læber er også ret blege. Synes selv jeg har ramt meget godt plet med hvordan de ser ud på mig når jeg har dem på... Måske er runway pin en anelse mørkere i virkeligheden men ikke meget. Kan ikke forestille mig der skulle være forskel på produkterne så det må enten være forskel på vores læbefarve som skinner igennem eller forskel på hvor tykt et lag vi har på. jeg må da lige tjekke dit review ud :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja, mine læber er også ret mørke :-) Men ja, som du har set på min blog, er mit swatch lavet på hånden - netop fordi de er så mørke, for så kan f.eks. folk som dig med lyse læber ikke se hvordan den egentlig ser ud :b Årh ja, det kan også være det med, hvor tykt et lag vi har på... Det finder vi nok aldrig ud af, det her! Hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig