Wednesday, April 13, 2011

e.l.f. nailpolish review

I have recently bought a few nail polishes from e.l.f. and thought it would be fun to do a little review on them. I like to wear nail polish occasionally but would not say that I am an expert in any way. This is just my opinion on the colours that I bought.

Price: $1,00 or £1,50 in europe.

Pros: Wide selection of colours, affordable, opaque, easy to apply, dries resonably fast.

Cons: not that glossy, the glitter can be a bit chunky, the colour you get may not look completely like the colour you see in the online shop.

 Golden Goddess: Fine gold glitter with larger holographic glitters.
Twinkle: Multi coloured glitter in blue/green/purple/orange tones.
Innocent: Nude.
Dark glitter purple: Very dark bluish purple with not that visible glitter.
Chocolate: warm dark brown.
Black: Nice opaque black.

All the colours except from Innocent, are not as glossy as I would have hoped. But that can easily be fixed with a good top coat. I am a bit dissapointed at Dark glitter purple. It's almost too dark to see the glitters, you have to really look closely to see it. Otherwise I think the colours are quite opaque for such an affordable nail polish. I only needed 2 coats of the regular nail polish and 3 coats of the glittery. The polishes can be a bit watery, but they are still very easy to apply.
 
I have experienced little to no chipping of this nail polish. Normaly when I put nail polish on, it will chip after just one day. This polish looks nice and pretty on my nails for 3-4 days before I have to touch up. I can't say that the polish won't chip on your nails, maybe it's just a good formula for my nails. I know that some of oyu might think that 3-4 days is not that long, but it's the longest wearing polish I have ever worn and I own polish from Gosh, loreal and maybelline.
 
Overall this is a really good nail polish if you are looking to expand your collection, without breaking the bank. It's well worth the money. There are a few hit and miss colours. If you are looking for the ultimate highest quality and the finest glitter, this may not be for you. But for a person like me - who want a lot of different colours to play with - this is just right. I will be expanding my collection soon.
 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. The dark glitter purple looks really blue, or is that just the camera??

    http://klayerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's more purlpe than blue. But yes it does have a dark blue tint to it... I think it's a little less blue in real life but only just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get innocent. I'm missing a good Nude. What am I saying. I have to get ALL the colors! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I know how you feel... I love nude nail polish.. And innocent is really pretty... i have been wearing innocent with a layer of twinkle on top a lot recently and it's just so pretty. Did I mention that it's pretty? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some of these and gave them to my bf sister as I find they chip after a day or so, I prefer ones that you can wear for a few days if you dont get time to change it. But I agree for expanding your collections and for ones to match outfits for the day etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I find that the darker polishes tend to chip a bit more. But I've been wearing innocent since tuesday now and up until yesterday it still looked allright. I think it depends on the colours you get. And I find that all the polishes last really long if you wear a glittery top coat.

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig