Sunday, April 17, 2011

e.l.f. Studio blush review and swatches


It's just within the last couple of years that I have started wearing blush on a daily basis. I have always struggeled with redness and freckles, and I just thought that blush made it worse. Now I've gotten better at controlling my redness and learned to live with my freckles, now I really enjoy wearing blush.

I recently picked up 3 blushes from the e.l.f. studio line: Gotta glow, candid coral and tickled pink.

price: $3 on american website and £3,50 in the UK and europe.

Gotta glow (left): A sheer and subtle golden shimmer effect. I like this for highlighting my cheeks. It's not too shimmery and not too glittery, but leaves your cheeks with a golden glow.

Candid Coral (middle): A peachy blush with a golden sheen/glow to it. This colour comes out very sheer but can be build up as desired without looking powdery and cakey.

Tickled pink (right): A very natural pink without shimmer. This makes my cheeks look naturally flushed. Also very sheer but can be build up as desired without looking powdery or cakey.



I am very pale so it can sometimes be hard to find a blush that is not too dark and pigmented for me. These blushes work perfectly with my light skin. I am not sure how well they would show up on medium to dark skin. But I would imagine that gotta glow would look nice on medium skintones and give it a nice golden glow.



The only negative thing I have to say about them is that they wear off a little too fast for my liking. If I apply the blush in the morning it will be completely gone in the afternoon. But I always keep one in my purse so I can touch up. I found they will last longer with a setting spray, but I don't use one every day. Overall I like these a lot. They are affordable, easy to use and I have been lucky to find some nice colours that suits me well. I will repurchase if I ever run out, and will probably expand my collection soon.

 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. oh I love the look of candid coral, it looks a bit like glow from the essentials line must pick this up the next time I order from elf, Thanks

    theopijunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, how do you control redness successfully? I've got this problem myself, especially these highly annoying red patches along my jawline. I've tried some green concealers, ELF complexion perfection, elf mineral concealer, concealer pencil etc, nothing really works properly. Can you help?

    http://unfadewhatfades.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if this will help you but this is what works for me. First I had to figure out what caused my redness. I have sensitive dry skin and I break out when I have wheat or dairy products, so I started cutting that out of my diet. I started using skin care products for sensitive skin (some skincare products also work to reduce redness in sensitive skin). I stopped putting powder on my face as this could sometimes irritate it and I dont use foundation brushes or powder brushes too often. For concealing I use Gosh green liquid concealer, this can also be mixed into liquid foundation. I use a full coverage liquid or creme foundation. Sometimes I use Dr. Jart BB cream instead of foundation and this actually improves the condition of my skin. I hope this helps. I shall do a blog on this subject in the future so stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot, I'll give the Gosh concealer a chance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apply the green concealer with a damp sponge and if I need more coverage I will blend some in to my regular foundation and apply that on the affected area. Just be careful not to overdo it or it will look strange :)
    I hope I can save up the money to buy some of my favorite redness reducing products to review so you can get some good ideas that hopefully will work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't find ELF products very easily in Canada. :( Great start to your blog. If you've time check out a makeup community where you can share your blog, your makeup looks and product reviews. http://www.themakeupbee.com/looks.php

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your comment. eyeslipsface.com ships to Canada. I sure will be checking out your community:)

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig