Monday, May 2, 2011

e.l.f. mineral infused faceprimer review.

I have heard a lot of great things about the e.l.f. mineral infused face primer, and thought I would give it a try.

Price:50,70DKK here and 6£ here

Packaging: It's made of clear plastic with a smaller white container in the middle. It's got a nice pump dispenser, you should pump lightly as you only need half a pump of product. I have no clue why this does not look anything like the matte black packaging that most of the other studio products have. I do like the packaging though, it looks very elegant and a bit expensive.

The primer is a glear velvety gel, it feels a bit oily at first but once blended it makes my face feel really soft. I've seen people talk about how it smoothes out fine lines, I don't really get that effect from this product. I don't feel that it helps my makeup stay on longer, but I don't really have a problem with foundation fading away during the day. It does make for an easier aplication and makes my makeup less streaky and overall a more flawless finish. I would say it is very comparable to the gosh face primer I own, it's a little less thick and does not mattify as well but they feel almost the same on my face.

This is not a miracle product and I don't know if it really does a whole lot for me, but I like that it makes the foundation glide on better. I might repurchase this, depending on how long the product will last me.

It's a good choice if you are new to primers and would like to try it out without breaking the bank. I heard that this works really well for a lot of people so it might work well for you too.
 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. ive just ordered this i cant wait to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love mine. Skin feels fresh & dewy. Foundation or tinted moisturiser glides on & it also is the perfect base to the mineral powder foundations. I feel my make up looks fresher & lasts longer using it. I also heartily recommend the mineral eye primer too. Top stuff ELF at affordable prices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just purchased the mineral foundation, so I will try and see how it works with that. Thanks for your comment's I always love to hear what others think of the products I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this primer, its quite good. It looks a lot like the Smashbox original primer which I've tried. I really cant see the difference quality wise from that one and this one. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a face primer girl. I always always Wear eye primer. But I have yet to find a face primer that actually makes a difference in either staying power or Foundation application.

      Delete
    2. The one I'm using at the moment is Smashbox Hydrating primer, it works great on my dry skin and does a good job of making my makeup stay on. For eyes my must have primer is NARS Smudge Proof Shadow Base x

      Delete
    3. I can see why a primer may make a difference in dry skin. But I have oily skin and when I look for a primer I look for oil control, and I haven't found a liquid primer that does that for me yet. I'm testing out a 2in1 primer and setting powder at the moment though. I love my Benefit stay don't stray eye primer. I've been using Too Faced shadow inscurance and UD primer potion for years and love those, but my all time favorite has to be the Benefit one.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig