Monday, May 16, 2011

Elf Studio Conditioning lip balm spf15 review.


*Update 2015 - I have had to stop using these, as my lips seem to be allergic to something in the product, I went through 3 of those before it happened, it's sad, cause I really really liked this balm*

It's official... I'm a lip junkie! I recently ordered a large quantity of elf lip products and this is the first of a few reviews I will be doing over the nex couple of weeks.

I ordered the Conditioning lip balm spf15 in the colour "nice & natural".

Price: DKK 29,58 here, 3,50£ here

Packaging: It's a clear square container with a matte black lid. It looks really expensive in my opinion. It's quite large and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. The good thing would be that it will be very easy to find in my purse, the bad thing would be that it takes up quite a lot of space.

I love the scent of this balm, it smells like coconut but not in a sickening way. It reminds me of a warm summer day on a tropical island. It does not feel like the balms I usually wear, it's ligter and creamier wich I actually really like. I normally dont like the light more "liquidy" types of balms and glosses as I think they feel too oily. But this on is super siky on the lips. I love love love the texture of it.

The colour is a light nude brown, I have an obsession with nude colours so this is perfect for me. It's more opaque than I expected from a balm but not as opaque as lipstick. It's just so pretty! It looks slightly more brown in real life than on the photo below.



Only negative things I could find was the bulky packaging. I will probably be needing a lip brush to apply the balm with as I work my way to the bottom of the jar. I don't really care for carrying around lip brushes so this might become an issue later on. But right now my I can still use my finger, so I will worry about that when the time comes. It does wear off a bit fast but I dont mind reapplying.

I love this balm and I will definately repurchase this again and again. Might try one of the other colours but I am quite happy with this colour.
 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You're right about every single word you write in this review :-) I'm thinking about what to do with the brush/finger issue as well, but I'll find out a solution at the time.. It's gonna take a while before it's empty! :-)

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig