Sunday, June 19, 2011

Love yourself woman!

It hit me tonight as I was removing my makeup, that I've been showing you makeup and swatches and pictures of me all made up. But why have I not shown you a picture of me without makeup? I mean, why hide the "before" picture and skip straight to the after "picture"? If you are going to read my reviews and look at my pictures you "deserve" to see how I look without makeup on right?.

I don't wear makeup all the time, and I have no problems going outside without a perfect face. I use makeup because it's fun, it gives me more confidence and I can enhance the features that I like.

I've come to realize that I actually think I'm just as pretty without it!

I have not always been happy with the way I look, I have always struggled with my weight and I still have at least 40 pounds I would like to get rid of (doctor approves of this, not trying to be unhealthy here). Through out the last couple of years I have lost about 34 pounds (yay me) and it has made me realize a lot of things about myself and how I look at myself. I am still not happy about my weight but there are so many other things that I am truly happy about, and the rest of the weight loss will come eventually.

I've always hated my freckles and tried to cover them up, now they don't really bother me. I am thankful for having healthy skin and not dealing with skin problems far worse than any freckle.

I know I have flaws, we all do. But the things I like about myself easily outshine my flaws. And the makeup helps ;)

I think I have a healthy balance of being realistic about my looks and accepting the things I cannot change and loving myself just the way I am.

I truly believe that beauty comes from within. No matter how pretty a girl is I will automaticly find her a little more ugly if she has a really bad personality. And even the most pretty girl feels insecure sometimes.

I am not trying to make it sound like I looooove myself all the time. I still get insecure and I still care a little too much about what others think. So this post is also a reminder to myself on a bad day.

I wanted to say so many things and this was all I could remember to write down but I hope this will encourage you to focus more on the positive and just accept the negative.
 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I think you are very pretty, and congrats on the post. I feel very similar to you, but I still don't really see myself as pretty without the makeup. I have tried so hard to build my self esteem, but it never seems to work out so well. I am very sensitive and easily influenced. So of course I take everything to heart. And as I always tell my hubby its easier to believe the bad things people say about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel like that sometimes, I just have good days too, and I want to celebrate the good days and forget about the bad days. And yes I find it easier to belive the bad things too. But hey if people say bad things about you or to you then they are truly the ugly ones! Nobody have the right to make another person feel bad about themself. Thank you so much for the comment, it was not an easy post to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so pretty without your make up, My camera is not quite as forgiving as yours but I will give this a go when I'm not sick anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with you, you don't need makeup to be pretty. It's a really good thing you've understand that, so much girls need makeup to feel good, and they're never really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rikke, you are so wonderful. And you look stunning without makeup. I really love posts like these - well, I love your posts about makeup tips and reviews A LOT, but this post just went straight to my heart. You're right, makeup is a fun thing, and EVERYBODY has imperfections. Makeup just help you cover them a little and makes you able to focus on the good things. And, by the way, even though you have to loose weight, you are very, very beautyful. But most of all; you are a great person. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig