Friday, June 10, 2011

Lush "New" Shampoo bar review

Lush says: "Stimulating spice shampoo bar for tired scalps suffering from hormonal hair loss. In times of stress and hormonal change, like pregnancy and after giving birth, your hair can start to fall out. Fortunately, this is usually temporary, but it's a distressing thing to happen. The New Shampoo Bar is for those times. We make it with bay, clove and cinnamon essential oils to stimulate the scalp. Nourishing nettle, peppermint and rosemary add shine and soften the hair."

Price: 4,85£ here or 9,95$ here 

Packaging: NONE! how great is that!

This winter I was loosing a LOT of hair. Every time I washed it I would have hairs all over my hands and in the drain of my shower. I got really scared, but knew that nothing was physically wrong with me, I took my vitamins and my omega 3 fatty acids so I was certain I was not missing anything in my diet. At first I thought it might have something to do with the hair dye I used, so I changed to a better alternative, but nothing changed.

I stumbled upon the Lush website a few months ago and saw the "new" solid shampoo bar. I thought it was worth giving it a try, I mean it is supposed to last you as long as 3 bottles of regular shampoo, so I would actually be saving money by using too.

When I first smelled the bar I did NOT like it. The scent of Cinnamon is way too overpowering and I was afraid that I would run around smelling like cinnamon all the time. I did not experience any tingling sensation on my scalp as some people say they do, so I thought that it didn't work for me.

But man was I wrong. I could see a difference in my hair after just one use. It makes my hair appear much thicker and fuller, and gives it a lovely shine. And I did not end up smelling like crazy.

Here a couple of months later I am still loving this shampoo bar, My hair is really growing out, the only con to that is all the curly baby hairs sticking up from my scapl making my hair look a bit goofy, but I just take it as a good sign, that my hair is growing back.

I will certainly keep using this shampoo and I have also gotten my mom hooked on it.  It does dry out my hair a little more than my old shampoo but nothing a good conditioner can't handle.

This is the best thing I have ever done for my hair! I'm currently trying out the Henna hair dye and the Jungle conditioner too so I will keep you posted on those.
 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love this bar, i use it all the time along with Jungle Conditioner,p, my hair has never felt or,looked so good =D

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig