Sunday, July 17, 2011

Elf eyeshadow quads HUGE review.

So a couple of weeks ago I wrote that I would be doing swatches of all my elf quads. It took forever but I'm almost done now. The hardest part was to do an eye look with each quad and get a decent picture of it I will do a seperate post on the looks created. I don't really think my pictures turned out that great. But here you go anyways:

Blue Moon:Nice and blendable, not too shimmery. The pigmentation is ok but the brown shade is pressed a little too hard on the pan. The winner in this quad is the light blue. Very smooth and soft matte and nicely pigmented. The navy colour is also quite nice. I'll give it 8 out of 10.
Butternut:Blendable, pretty but just a little too shimmery and orange toned for me. It's good for a nudeish smokey eye look. The dark chocolate brown is a nice colour to have. I'll give it 6 out of 10.

Glam:Cool and interesting but not that wearable. A little too glittery for my taste. But a very nice to have in my collection. The bright pink is a pressed a little too hard in the pan. The black shade is great as a glittery eyeliner. I'll give it 6 out of 10.
Hazy Hazel:Dissapointed at the purple shade, looks muddy when mixed together with the other shades. I do love the highlighter colour and the medium brown but otherwise it's nothing special. 3 out of 10
Ivy:Not as green as I thought. Wearable eathry olive tones. I was confused about what colour to use for highlighting and contouring as they all do tend to blend a little too well together. 4 out of 10.
Nymph dreams: Impressed me. I did not think I would like it as I don't really care for gold tones. Good pigmentation, blendable. I love that greenish shade ti bits. 9 out of 10.
Silver lining:Very impressed! Colours are so pretty and easy to blend. Makes me want to wear more purple makeup. I love every single shade. I would give it 10 out of 10.
Teal dreams:I really like the two first colours, just the kind of colours I have been loking for, for a nice all over lid colour. The blue and green are very pretty but I wish they would show up more vibrant on the eye. Blends well. Nice quad. I'll give it 8 out of 10.
Rocker:Awesome colours, great combination. Nice quality except for the white shadow wich is too glittery and hard. I really like this quad. The purple is nicely pigmented. 10 out of 10.

Pretty n' pink:The colours are a little too similar once on the eye. Cant really contour with them. But the colours are nice, soft and blendable. But I would need a darker colour for my crease. 4 out of 10.
Brownstone:First colour looks too orange on my eyes. I find these a little harder to blend. The browns are really great for a brown smokey eye. Just don't like the light shade. 6 out of 10.
Day 2 night:Sooo pretty! My all time favorite. Blends really well, great pigmentation and I love the colours together as well as on their own. Highly recommend this quad I would give it 10+++ out of 10.
Drama:Super awesome quad. Hate the glitter but I'm willing to let that slip on this quad. Great pigmentation, very blendable. Good for a classig smokey eye and I find that these last all day.
I would really recommend this to anyone who wants to do a smokey eye 10+++ out of 10.
Ethereal: Hate it. The coplours are too orange on my eyes. They are not very pigmented and I just don't see myself using this quad at all. I will give them 2 out of 10 because the white is almost ok.
Luxe:Not colours I would normally wear. They are however really pretty and nicely pigmented, blendable and soft. But they just don't suit me too well. The dar cool brown is really really nice and I would use that as a nice crease colour, but the rest are not my colouring. 7 out of 10.
Matte Mauve:Meh. what can I say. 3 of the shadows almost look the same when applied to my lid. I guess it's nice if you want really really nude and natural eyes as it's not that pigmented. It does however blend well. But I think this is a quad I could go without. 3 out of 10.
Nouveau neutrals:Glittery neutrals? why? It's not that pigmented and it has too much glitter in it for my taste. It does blend well. I find this quad a little boring. I'd give it 4 out of 10.

Punk funk:I'm not into bright colours but I changed my mind after trying this on. Very bright and bold colours. Super pigmented . Great for playing around with colour. Not exactly work friendly lol. These are lovely when mixed together. Elf should make more quads like this! 10 out of 10
So that concludes reviewof the elf brightening eye quads. I hope you enjoyed it. Please tell me what you think of the quads if you own any or wich quads you think looks interesting.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. i really wish you could get singles for these shadows.

    great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very detailed review, good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that would be so nice. Would be so awesome if you could put them into the elements palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks MS. I tried my best. Took me all week and I'm still working on editiong the last part of the pictures. Did looks with all the quads but I'm not happy about the way they turned out so I may be updating that post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing reviews is hard work for sure! Not happy about the way the looks turned out or the post turned out, or what did you mean? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not happy about the quality of the pictures I took of the looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm confused, what are the two pictures of the same quads for? They are different in each picture, is one with flash and the other without...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alison... I took a picture of each quad in both daylight and flash. I feel daylight catches the true colour of the shadows but it can be hard to see if a shadow has shimmer or glitter without the flash. first picture of each quad is with flash the second is in daylight

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig