Sunday, July 10, 2011

Elf healthy glow bronzing powder "Luminance" review

Yet another item from my huge elf haul, Sorry for the layout of this post and for the lack of posts lately. I am still having problems with blogger, keep getting errors and won't let me post half of the time.

On to the review. I really like elf products and it was initially elf's shimmering facial whip that got me started on highlighting. So I thought I would try the healthy glow bronzing powder in luminance.

Price: 12,68DKK here or 1,50£ here

Packaging: Not really impressed with the look of the packaging but for 1,50£ I can't complain. It is more sturdy than a lot of the packaging from the essential line. I like how compact this is, there is not a lot of excess packaging taking up space around the actual pan of product.Not bulky at all. Very nice if you are looking for something that won't take up too much space. You get 5 grams of product.

I was skeptical about this product the first time I had it in my hands. I was expecting a lighter colour, this was more of a skintone colour. In the pan it looked like I would be way too pale to wear this as a highlighter.

I actually quite like this product. It blends very easily and becomes one with my skintone. So it's not the most noticable higlighter but it leaves my face with a very subtle glow. I think this makes a nice highlighter for daytime, not too sparkly and not too light. However I do still prefer the shimmering facial whip in lilac petal as it is lighter and gives me a more noticable shine.

I would certainly repurchase this as I find it very useful. I use it to lighten up blushes and bronzers that are a little too dark for me and I use it as a subtle highlighter for day time. So yeah I can certainly see myself using up quite a few of these in the future.

Have you tried the healthy glow bronzers? what are your thoughts?
 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've tried it, and I think it's great for daytime as well :-) Well, when having a day off, I'm using the shimmering facial whips as well (thanks for recommending it in the colour lilac petal, it's fabulous), but when I'm going to work, I like it to be more natural. Therefore, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig