Wednesday, September 21, 2011

ELF Matte lip color review







I have been wanting these ever since I saw them on the US Elf site. I finally got my hands on them when ELF had a 50% off sale. I got the 2 shades Natural and Tea rose.

Price: 29,58 DKK or 3,50£ here.

Packaging: Sleek matte plack jumbo pen style. The product twists up. The packaging seems sturdy and they look really nice and classy. The bottom of the pen is a similar colour to the lipstick itself, wich is nice and convenient.

I'm not quite sure how I like these lipsticks. I think they are a bit too waxy in texture and I don't feel like they are all that pigmented. The pigmentation may be better in some of the darker colours but these are the only ones I have tried so I can't say. The colours are very pretty and quite wearable though.

                                                                 Natural:L Tea rose: R

I find the formula to be a little drying, but I tend to have dry lips so this may not be an issue for you. However they do stay put longer than regular creamy lipsticks.


                                                                         Natural
Tea Rose

As you can see from the photos above (Natural) they do not look their best on dry flaky lips, I did not have the best "lip day" that day but with a bit of balm and a good scrub (tea rose) I can work these lippies now.

Something I do quite like about them is, that they somehow make my lips look fuller and I do quite like the matte look. I just have to get used to the texture and feel of these lipsticks, actually I have to get used to the fact that they don't feel like much on the lips, wich for most is a good thing. I just find myself checking the mirror to make sure that I'm still wearing lipstick.

Loevens.




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. love the swatches.. very clear :) I'm glad I got naturalnot tea rose.. I think it wouldn't look that good with my warm skintone. I LOVE the coral one though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I've got these in Coral and Tea Rose and it's the Tea Rose one that I'm not sure about.
    I know exactly what you mean about the texture and the feeling on your lips.
    It goes crusty if you have dry lips and also you can't tell if it's worn off~?!
    I do like the shade of the coral one though and for the money they aren't bad.
    I'm thinking of doing a blog sale soon and the tea rose one might end up in there as I'm not too sure on the shade either on me.

    ax

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig