Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ELF Shimmer eyeliner review.

I have been wondering if these were any good for a long time, so I never really got around to trying them out. Finally I purchased a few with my last order. it was about time. I bought 4: Blissfull blush, black bandit, boldly bronzed and plum passion.

Price: 1$ or 12,68DKK or 1,50£ here

Packaging: Looks like your average  eyeliner pen. It comes with a sharpener in the cap wich is both good and bad. The good thing is that it's really nice and handy, the bad thing is that it gets messy really fast.

I am quite impressed with the colour and the pigmentation, they are soo pretty and wearable. Although they are not as creamy or long lasting as e.g. Urban decays glide on pencils they are still quite good. And for the price I would probably get one in every colour next time I order from Elf. 

I would not use them on my water line as i find them to smudge and stray too fast. However they are quite nice on the upper eyelid. Set with a powder I find them to last quite well. I have tried using them as a base under eyeshadow, but I don't quite like them for that purpose.


Still I would recommend these if you are looking for some inexpensive, nicely pigmented eye pencils. My favorites would have to be blissfull blush and boldly bronzed.


Have you tried these eye pencils? what are your thoughts about them?

Loevens.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Hi,
    I got one of these shimmer pencils in Grassy Green free with an Elf offer.
    I just sharpened mine and totally agree about the mess!
    I do like the colour for around the eyes and know what you mean about the water line- it doesn't stay.
    Might give a few others a go when I order next.
    ax

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted to know if they worked good or not...thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are very welcome. Let me know what you think if you try them out.

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig