Saturday, October 8, 2011

NYX Round lipstick review

I have been wanting to try these lipstick for ages now, and finally ordered some from cherryculture.com. I got 3 in the colours; strawberry milk, Thalia and Indian pink.

Price: 1,99 $ from Cherry Culture.

Packaging: I like the look of these lipsticks. The round black tubes look nice and classy. The NYX logo also looks quite pretty on the tube. I like that you can see the colour of the lipstick in the bottom of the tube so you don't have to open it first. The packaging is not flimsy at all, it seems quite sturdy and good quality for the price.

I have a bit of mixed feelings about these lipsticks. I think they are probably the creamiest most pigmented lipsticks I have ever tried within that price range. I think the quality is lovely but I cannot stand the smell/taste of them. They smell and taste like baby wipes (not that I have tasted baby wipes, but I imagine they would taste like that). I will have to do a list of pros and cons and let you decide wether or not these lipstick could work for you.


Pros: Very affordable, super creamy, great pigmentation, wide selection of colours, nice packaging, not drying on the lips.

Cons: The horrible smell and taste, not very long wearing, hard to find the colour you want from the pictures in the cherryculture shop.

Here is some swatches of the colours I bought. I think the colours are super pretty, but I don't think that they are the most suiting shades for me.

Indian Pink:
This is a super nice colour it's a coral/pink with a golden sheen to it. but this is not the most suiting colour on me. I think this would be amazing on medium skin tones.


Strawberry milk:
I really love this colour, unfortunately it does not suit me at all after my recent change of hair colour. 

Thalia:
This colour suits me very well. It's almost a nude colour just a bit darker. I really really like this colour a lot and would use it for everyday looks.

I was a bit unlucky with my colour selection this time, but I will definately try out some more of these as I think I can get past the smell of them if I just find some colours that suit me really well. Overall this is great for the price but it's not perfect. But I still think the quality is amazing for 1.99$

What do you think about these lippies? any favorite shades I should try?
Loevens.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love these, I have like 8, heather and Paris are similar to thalia which I have too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you don't mind the scent? do you have photos of them on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't really noticed it until you pointed it out lol.

    It doesn't bother me too much, I love the colours.

    Here are the links to mine, I have heather too but I got that one on a blog sale.

    http://theopijunkie.blogspot.com/2011/05/nyx-haul.html

    http://theopijunkie.blogspot.com/2011/07/nyx-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I like your colour selection of lipsticks. I may have to try out some more.

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig