Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Palette of the week



Wow has it been a week already? This time the palette of the week is NYX "I dream of Jamaica" 5 color eyeshadow palette.
On the go:This palette is great for those busy mornings as long as you are not trying to do some quick dramatic eyes. I find that these shadows blend very very easily and sometimes a little too well. So I did not go for smokey eyes on my busy mornings.

Evening out: As mentioned above, these shadows blend almost a little too well. So I had a hard time doing some more defined work in the crease of my eyes. I did manage to find a "fix" for the problem; NYX Jumbo eye pen in youghurt worked perfectly as a base and really helped the vibrancy of the colours. After that discovery I really enjoyed some nice evening looks with quite the staying power.
Variation: This palette does not really inspire you to do multiple eye looks, but makes it easy to do one or two looks with the colours that truly complement each other. However I did manage to create 3-4 looks from this palette. I sometimes used the darkest colour as a liner as well.
Staying power: You definately need a primer or a base. It did crease on me with my shadow inscurance primer but with the NYX jumbo pencil it stayed put the whole day. So I suggest using the Jumbo pen as a base, it really does wonders. 
Work appropriate: These shades are super office friendly,you can go for the most neutral looks with just the first shade in the palette or you could do a very neutral smokey eye.
I do love the texture, pigmentation and colours of these shadows and they are really easy to use. However... After a week of the same colour options I got a bit bored. I probably won't be reaching for this on an every day basis, but it's great if you want to create a smokey look and need something quick and easy yet elegant.
Loevens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig