Saturday, November 5, 2011

Homemade eyeshadow palette

I've been eyeing the Coastal scents winterberry palette for a very long time now, even before I started my love affair with purple eyeshadow. As I really did not think I needed any more eyeshadow I decided to make my own winterberry palette. I've been mixing and pressing pigments for a while and I have about 5 palettes containing 15 pressed eyeshadows each so it was not that hard to find the shadows I wanted to fit in my palette.


This is not a dupe or an exact match it's just my own homemade palette, inspired by the winterberry palette from Coastal Scents, I call it "Iced berry":

Below: Homemade Iced berry palette


Below: Winterberry palette

Here are some swatches of my homemade eye shadows. I'm quite pleased with the end result and I don't feel like the camera really shows how pigmented these truly are. (maybe I'm just a little too proud of my own doings lol)  These are swatched without a base or primer.


Thank you for tuning in on this little random post. I may have to feature this palette in one of my "palette of the week" posts soon. Let me know if you want swatches of my other homemade shadows.

Loevens.

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. That first purple is such an amazing colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx I'm really happy about that colour. I use it as a liner sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you do a post on how you pressed your shadows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SeeTrinny. It's been a while since I've last pressed some shadows and I do not have the products I used to do it anymore. So I would suggest that you search for a youtube video about presiing pigments, that's how I got started. I bought most of my pigments from coastal scents and I have experimented with several different methods. But I stopped because I found the pressed pigments to be quite fragile and would rather just put the loose pigment in small containers.

    Loevens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish I could make this!

    You should sell this to people! because I would buy this! you should do Christmas/Easter/Halloween/Eid eye shadows! I love the purple eye shadow because it's my fave colour!
    from Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I don't think these pressed shadows travel well so I probably could not ship tthem out as pressed shadows but maybe I should make loose shadow palettes...

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig