Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Eclipse 15 concealer palette review


I have been testing a few different concealers lately, one of them being this lovely 15 shade concealer palette with 2 corrector shades, 1 highlight and 12 different shades of concealer. I had been curious about the palette for a little while and thought I would try out.

This palette is identical to the concealer palette from Coastal Scents, only difference is I paid 10$ less for it on Ebay.

Price: Around 5$ on Ebay.com

Packaging: Matte black plastic palette with 15 concealers. The palette actually seems more sturdy than I expected it to be. It's not too  big and not too small, and you get a nice amount of concealer for each pan. Once you have used up the concealer, you can just pop the empty tins out of the palette and use it for eyeshadow pans.





Pigmentation: The pigmentation of these concealers is quite good. I was not expecting the coverage to be this good. You have to be carefull not to overdo the green and the pink one because of the full coverage, or it won't be pretty. I suggest you dab your finger/brush into the product and lightly dab the product on and blend it out with a finger by gently dabbing on the area you want to cover. Dab dab dab...

Consistency: I have heard some people complain that these concealers are very dry, I have not had any problems of that kind. I use the heat from my finger to melt the product a bit before applying it and I always moisturize and prime my face before makeup application.

Staying power: I think the staying power is really good, I feel like all concealer will eventually crease on you when worn on the under eye area, but this holds up pretty well, probably because it is just a little more powdery than your average liquid concealer.

Conclusion: I really like this concealer. It's not as good as my holy grail concealer (Glamoflauge) but I find it way better than a lot of higher end concealers. So this really is a steal. And if they stop making my favorite concealer I will not feel as bad, now that I have found this.

The only thing I don't like about this palette is the highlighter, it's way too shimmery in almost a glittery way. I prefer when they are more pearly and the shimmers more subtle.

I would definately repurchase this. I'm thinking that some of the dark shades could be used as a cream contouring shade. I'll have to play around with that a bit.

Loevens.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig