Monday, January 16, 2012

LA Colors stargazer "makeout" palette otw


This week I have been using my LA Colors Star gazer palette, I have done a review on it before, and thought it was time to feature it in a palette of the week post.
On the go: I have had a pretty hectic week and this palette did an excellent job for me. It was really easy to pick the shades, dab them on and blend them. And the palette seems sturdy enough to take with me in my bag if needed.

Evening out: I probably wouldn't use this for special occasions or parties. I would rather use something that would last a little better and sparkle a little more. You can however do a nice smokey eye with the matte black.
Variation: I'm quite pale and a lot of these shades are too dark to use all over the lid, so what I have here is a lot of crease colours. and only a fed all over lid colurs and no highlighter. So I did have a bit of a hard time coming up with a lot of different looks. I only did about 2 different eye looks with this.
Staying power: This is a little dry/powdery and I actually find dryer formulas to crease less on me, and paired with a stcky base like ELF essential line cream shadow, this lasted me all day. Too Faced shadow insurance paired with this shadow did not do much for me.
Work appropriate: Definatley, very neutral and earthy palette. Exept from the blues, but none of the colours are really that "in your face" bright.
I love the quality and the staying power of these shadows, however the colour combination is not really my favorite. I had a hard time coming up with different looks and kinda played it safe and used the same 4-5 shadow. But overall this is a good palette. I could see this work super well for medium skin tones.

Loevens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig