Saturday, January 7, 2012

My christmas eve 2011

I know it's a little late, but i have only just gotten around to looking through the pictures I took christmas eve 2011. I thought it would be fun to share them with you.

In Denmark we celebrate christmas on the 24th of december. In my family we start by sitting down to a nice christmas dinner. We normally have duck, brown potatoes (small white potatoes roasted in a mix of sugar and butter to give them a nice sweet caramel taste) White potatoes, red cabbage, potato chips and a nice rich sauce. Other traditional danish christmas food is ham, pork roast and goose.

      Brown potatoes
                                                Duck (dad roasted it in the weber grill)
                                                               Our little christmas table


Then we have dessert, we eat something called "risalamande" wich translated would mean rice with almonds. It's made of almonds rice porridge, cwhipped cream and vanilla. We have heated cherry sauce with it. it's tradition to put one whole almond into the finished dessert. Whoever finds the almond gets a present. I got it this year.

After dinner we gather around the christmas tree, sing and dance around the tree and then we exchange gifts. This is what I got this year. I'm so happy with all of my presents. I got a soda streamer, a heating pad, a book, a dvd, a gift certificate to the body shop, a hair mask, a mascara, a video game and much more.

I would love to hear how you guys celebrate christmas.

Loevens.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. In Ukraine we celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January)which means today!)
    We prepare a lot of Ukrainian traditional dishes!we prepare varenyky, borshch, cabbage rolls, fish, kutia(it is made of poppy seeds, wheat, raisins, honey, nuts)it is delicious))
    I hope you got interested!)(In Ukraine we are Greek-Catholics)

    P.S. I always enjoy reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Talia, I hope you have a very merry christmas today :) thanks for sharing with us, it's always exciting to hear how other religions or cultures celebrate their holidays. that Kutia sounds really yummy, I will have to try and make some one day! thank you so much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that seems like very interesting traditions :) the food you eat sounds amazing especially those brown potatoes! I suppose they would work with a butter substitute? Im allergic to dairy andhave to be careful. Sounds like you had a lovely day, how was your new year? X

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kerri What do you eat for christmas? Yeah I love the brown potatoes, I only have them once or twice a yar and they are really yummy. I have never tried a butter substitute but I guess it could work, as long as the sugar melts and turns to caramel I think it would be fine. I will have to do a post soon about my new years eve :) thank you so much for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kerri, just got the photos from new years eve from one of the guwsts, she was a super photographer so she managed to get some nice photos of the food and decorations. The post is up now.

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig