Thursday, January 26, 2012

Updated Nyx Round lipstick review


I recently added a new NYX round lipstick to my collection. I thought I wanted to update the review I did last summer. I wasn't quite happt with the shades I got back then and I haven't really been wearing them as much as I would have liked. The new addition to my collection is the shade called "Iris"

Price: 1,99 $ from Cherry Culture.
 
Packaging: I like the look of these lipsticks. The round black tubes look nice and classy. The NYX logo also looks quite pretty on the tube. I like that you can see the colour of the lipstick in the bottom of the tube so you don't have to open it first. The packaging is not flimsy at all, it seems quite sturdy and good quality for the price. It also

I had a bit of mixed feelings about these lipsticks lat time I reviewed them. I really did not like the scent of these lipsticks. I have gotten a bit more used to the  strange baby wipe smell but it can still bother me a bit sometimes. I do love the creamy texture and the great pigmentation quite a lot.
 
Pros: Very affordable, super creamy, great pigmentation, wide selection of colours, nice packaging, not drying on the lips.
 
Cons: The smell and taste, not very long wearing, hard to find the colour you want from the pictures in the cherryculture shop.

Here is the swatches of the colours I have in my collection. I think the colours are super pretty, but some of them suits me better than others.


Indian Pink:
This is a super nice colour it's a coral/pink with a golden sheen to it. but this is not the most suiting colour on me. I think this would be amazing on medium skin tones.

Strawberry milk:
I really love this colour, unfortunately it does not suit me at all after my recent change of hair colour. 

Thalia:
This colour suits me very well. It's almost a nude colour just a bit darker. I really really like this colour a lot and would use it for everyday looks.

 
Iris:
This is a sheer golden tone that makes my lips look golden pink, Super pretty shade, I really really love this. It looks more golden in real life, but such a pretty muted gold that even someone as pale as me can wear.

I*ve been neglegting these babies. I definately will get great use out of my "Iris" lipstick, and hopefully I can find a way to make that "indian pink" work for me. I will continue to get more of these lipsticks, they are so affordable and I love to try out new shades.

What do you think about these lippies? any favorite shades I should try?
Loevens.
 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. How much is Cherry Culture's shipping to denmark ? :) I assume it's the same price to norway, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on the weight and the amounto of items I think. It*s not the cheapest shipping so I normally only order when there is a good deal or a sale to make up for the shipping prices.

      Delete
  2. Iris is so beautiful. I just ordered it and am excited to see it.

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig