Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Urban Decay 15th anniversay palette otw


 How is the new year treating everyone?... I'm happy to say that I have started working on my new years resolutions, not only have I lost 6 pounds in the last 9 days but I have also started a project 14 pan, I have yet to use anything up completely. Oh well On to the palette of the week.

This weeks palette is Urban Decay 15th anniversary palette. I have had this for quite some time but I do not reach for it as often as I would have liked to. So this week it was put to the test, and I can honestly say that I will start reaching for this palette more than I have done before. 
 
On the go: The packaging is not really practical, so I would say that the packaging alone could be an issue on busy mornings. However the eyeshadows do apply easily and blend very well together. The shadows are placed in a way that inspires me imediately and I don't waste time thinking of what look to go for.

Evening out: I love this for an evening out. You can go for colorfull looks or very sultry smokey/brown sexy eyes. Definately a palette I would, and do use for special occasions.

 
Variation: I think you get a decent array of colours to create quite a few looks, however I would have liked to see just a few matte shades, I believe the only matte shade is the black one. I did still manage to pull off about 4-5 different eye looks, and I probably could have done some more if I had the time and courage to play with the hot pink.


Staying power:Work appropriate: The staying power is better than some of my more affordable shadows, however it does depend on what primer or base I use. Too Faced shadow insurance is decent, ELF studio cream shadow is brilliant but do not even think to try it with elf regular line cream shadow duos, it will crease in a matter of hours. This does last about 2 hours longer than my more wallet friendly eyeshadows.

 
I have fallen in love with this palette all over again. I have really enjoyed using this palette every morning and I have been loving the looks I have created with it. 

Loevens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig