Tuesday, February 14, 2012

NYX 10 colour palette of the week.

This palette is called Bohemian Rhapsody I've had this palette for quite a while but just never really got around to using it. I bought it after trying the 10 colour palette called Champagne & Caviar wich I totally loved. 

I have to admit that this palette did not live up to my expectations, here's why:
 
On the go:It's a nice and compact palette, great for throwing in the purse. The shadows are easy to work with and blends quite well, almost too well in fact. Just stay away from the top row if you are in a hurry, you will definately struggle with the glittery fallout if you don't


Evening out: I would not use this as a party palette. The colours are simply too boring and sheer. You certainly could do a nice smokey brown eye, but it's just a little too boring for me.
 
Variation: Not a whole lot to say here. I really hate the top row, so I only used the bottom row. The light shades almost did not show up so that leaves you with just a few shades and little variation.

Staying power: They did not crease on me at all, but they did fade, wich is not good when they are already quite sheer to begin with. But the shadow stayed on all day, just not as intense or pigmented.

Work appropriate: Very, it can be super subtle.




I normally love the nyx 10 colour palettes, and I do like the texture and the quality of the shadows (except from the grainy to row) But this was just not right for me. The shades were not very noticible on my skintone. Maybe the light shades would show up better on dark skin but the dark shades would not be very useful.

Loevens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig