Thursday, March 8, 2012

endocrine/hormone disruptors in beauty products



I used to never really take notice of what kind of ingredients were used in a product. What I
cared about was affordability, quality and if the product worked for me or not, and ofcourse if they tested on animals.

I didn't really think I had to worry about endocrine disruptors in products. I mean, in this day and age I should be able to trust that the products I buy at the beauty department arent harmfull.

Products containing an endocrine disruptor may not be harmfull by themselves, but combined with other endocrine disruptors they may become harmfull to you. I don't know about you but I use a lot of
different products combined every single day and it is these combinations of disrupters that may be a harmfull cocktail.
Now I am not only talking about parabens but 17 different chemicals that would be best to avoid. I'm in no way fanatic and I have no idea if these ED's are in all my products or just some, but I think I will try and investigate a little closer and take a look at the ingredients in my makeup products.

I'm not writing this to scare anybody or try to make people stop using certain products, I am writing this because I just learned about this on the news today, and got really curious.

here is the list of ingredients that Danish Consumer coucil (dansk forbrugerr├ąd) suggest you avoid:

 What do you guys think? I think I will try and do like a challenge where I have to avoid all these ingredients in products for a while to see how hard it will be to find products without them and such.







3-Benzylidene Camphor

4,4’-Dihydroxy-Benzophenone

4,4’Dihydroxy-Biphenyl (Dihydroxybiphenyl)

4-Methylbenzylidene Camphor

Benzophenone-1

Benzophenone-2

BHA eller tert. Butylhydroxyanisol

Boric Acid

Butylparaben

Cyclotetrasiloxane

Diethyl phthalate (DEP)

Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate eller
Octyl methoxycinnamate


Ethylparaben

Hydroxycinnamic Acid

Methylparaben

Propylparaben

Resorcinol           





-Loevens-












































SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig