Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sleek Oh so special palette otw

Wow I can't believe it has already been a week. I'm not very happy with the amount of posts I managed to do this week, guess I have been busy with all kinds of things this week.



My palette this week has been the Sleek Oh so special palette.

On the go: It's certainly compact and sturdy enough to throw in your purse for touch ups etc. I do think the shades match eachother very well, making it easy for me to quickly come up with the look I wan to wear. However I do find the shadows a bit hard to work with. I find the shimmery ones a little too creamy making them stick to my lid and making it hard for me to blend out or correct. So I have been going for simple looks on busy mornings.
 
Evening out: Certainly a palette worth trying for night time looks. I love the pinks and the dark purple/burgundy shade for a different kind of romantic smokey eye.

 
Variation: There is a nice amount of matte shades and also some shimmery shades, there are highlights, all over lid shades and crease shades. I managed to do a different look every day this week. I normally don't really wear pink but this palette inspired me to try a few new looks.

Staying power: Can't complain here. They did not crease on me at all. The dark shades in the crease and outer V did fade a bit so the look was not as fresh and bold by the end of the day, but I think that is hard to avoid. So Quite happy with staying power.

Work appropriate: This palette has a few neutrals so you can certainly do some office friendly looks. I did have to rethink everything a bit as I normally would not wear pink shadow for work, but I made it work. So yup this can be office friendly.

I have a Love/Hate relationship with Sleek shadows. I do like the shades and the staying power but I feel that they can be a bit hard to blend for me and I noticed that some of the shimmery shades made the skin on my eyes look a little dry and therefore made them look a little crepey. But that may just be because my skin is generally more dry in the winter,

Loevens.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great post! Need to hook mine out the drawer and give it a bit more love xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... The colours in the palette really inspires me to think outside the box. I am more af a neutrals girl but pinks and purples are really finding the way to my heart.

      Delete
  2. i definitely agree with you on sleek palettes.. I have two .. they can be a hit and miss when they're frosty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice that somebody feels that way too. I thought I was the only one lol.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig