As requested, here is a post on how to prolong the wear time of your lipstick.
First it is important to know that there are tonnes of different formulas of lipstick out there. So choosing the right formula will get you a long way. When choosing a lipstick - with staying power in mind - I tend to go for matte lipsticks or lipsticks that are a little more dry. I feel that very creamy, almost buttery lipstick tend to wear off faster on me.
So choosing the right formular does mean something for the staying power.
But on to the tips.
- Go for a waxy lipstick rather than an "oily" lipstick
- Line your lips with a lipliner and fill them in before applying the lipstick. This will make it last a bit longer and make it wear off more evenly.
- Highly pigmented lipstick tend to last longer, so go for bright or deep shades.
- After applying lipstick you can also set it with a powder, be careful though you only need a tiny bit.
- You can also prime the lips by applying a bit of foundation to them before lipstick application.
- Another method is to apply a layer of lipstick, blot the lips and apply another coat.
I know that several brands make lip primers and lipstick sealers, but I have never tried any so I can't really say wether or not these actually work.
I hope you guys found this helpful