Sunday, April 8, 2012

Revlon Lip butter review


I have been wanting to try these lip butters out ever since I saw them on youtube the first time. Unfortunately we do not carry Revlon in Denmark, so I had to turn to my trusted Ebay.

I bought 2 different shades: Sugar frosting and Gumdrop.

Price: About $10-11 on ebay.

Packaging: I love the packaging! it's so classy and makes the lippies look more expensive than they are. The lids on the lip butters all have different colours matching the colour of the lipstick, wich makes it easier to find the colour you are looking if you have more than one in your makeup bag. The packaging seems sturdy and you can definately throw them in your purse and go.

Scent: A subtle sweet sugary vanilla frosting scent. Not that strong. Very pleasant.

Left: Sugar frosting, Right: Gumdrop

These are not all that conditioning so I would not call them tinted balms, and they are a little too sheer to be lipsticks. The closest description I can give would be, glossy sheer lipstick.

Sugar frosting: Is a very sheer pink, almost nude looking with iridescent pearl shimmer. Super pretty. I can normally not wear baby pinks or nude pinks but this is sheer enough to still suit me.
Gumdrop: A lovely sheer lilac. it has a slight bit of shimmer in it but is not pearly like "sugar frosting" is. This can be layered for a more pastel lilac colour. This is not as sheer as "Sugar frosting" I would say it is medium coverage.





Staying power: For a sheer toned, glossy lip product these seem to stay on quite well. They seem to last longer than lip balm and lipgloss. Certainly can't complain.

I am really liking theses lip butters, they are great quality and even though I have to pay a little extra for them on ebay they are still great value. I can certainly understand the hype these lip butters have been getting.

I would strongly recommend you to try these out! I will certainly be trying out some more shades soon!

Loevens.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love the first one!! So pretty!!

    I really like your blog - following now :D

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emma... It means a lot to me

      Delete
  2. ooh gumdrop is so gorgeous! thanks for the swatches love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Gumdrop is my favorite so far.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig