Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Body Shop Satsuma beautifying oil review


I picked this up at my local Body Shop not so long ago and have been trying it out ever since. I don't normally use oils that much, so I thought it would be fun to try something different for a change.

Price: DKK 100 here or about USD 15-16. I could not find these on the US site though. 

Packgaging: Simple, handi, yet cute looking bottle. It is easy to open and close even with oily slippery hands. You get 100 ml of product wich really goes a looong way. I have been using mine almost daily and you can hardly tell it has been used.

There is 8 different oils/scents to choose from. The Chocomania oil has coacoa butter in it, The olive has olive oil in it and so on. So they may work a little different depending on wich oil you get. 

What it is: it is an oil for both hair, body and face. I believe one of the main ingredients are almond oil.



I have been using this for a while now and I love the Satsuma scent for summer. After I get out of the shower when my skin and hair is still slightly damp I use this. I mainly focus on the ends of my hair, my legs, arms, shoulders and decoletage.

Hair: This has actually helped my dry split ends look a lot more shiny and feel less dry, it also gives my hair a nice subtle scent. Be carefull not to use too much or it will look like you haven't washed your hair all week.

Body: I can't wait to get a little more tan. This would certainly bring some depth to tanned skin. I use it mostly on the parts of my body that I want to look glowy and pretty. I don't feel like it moisturizes my skin any better than my body butters, but it does add some extra dimension and is nice paired with some body butter/ lotion.

Face: I have not used this on my face that much, I used it after deep cleansing and it did not irritate my skin. But I tend to have oily skin in spring and summer so I will not be using it on my face. Maybe for winter time this will be a nice treatment for my dry winter skin.


Overall this is not a miracle product for me. It does do a nice job on my hair and I do enjoy applying it, as it just reminds me so much of summer. I do think this product will come in handy for summer.

I am thinking of trying the coconut oil as well.

Loevens,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig