Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Coastal Scents pressed powder foundation review


I bought this powder foundation a while back, when it was just released on the Coastal Scents website. I thought it looked interesting and it was extremely affordable so I was willing to give it a try.

Price: $ 4,95 here

Packaging: A simple black compact with a clear plastic lid. I do like that it has my foundation shade (nr. 1) written on it. there is no mirror, just product. You get 10 grams of product.


I don't know why I was expecting this to be a mineral foundation without parabens and such. But this does contain Prarabens.

I can't really see this working as a foundation for me. it is just too sheer and it does not cover any redness or freckles that I have. Not that I want to cover my freckles but I would like it to even out my redness a little better.

I use this after applying concealer and foundation or BB cream. It does give a nice matte finish and is not as dry looking as I feared. However.. this won't keep you looking matte all day.


.

I would probably have given this product a better review if this wasn't marketed as a foundation, but a regular face powder with sheer coverage.

Overall I think this is a horrible foundation, but it's actually quite ok as a setting powder. But if you are expecting coverage and long lasting matte finish, then you will be dissapointed.

I will continue to use this as it does keep my foundation in place for a good amount of time and I do like it as a regular face powder. Would I repurchase? I don't think so. Even thought this is very affordable, there is better powders out there. However I have been playing with the thought of getting a darker one and using it as a bronzer/contour.

Loevens.



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Thanks for the information. I'll skip on this product and stick with my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use a flat-bottom kabuki and dampen it, swirl on the powder, then apply - that's how you use it as a foundation. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I do use a flat top brush for this powder, but never thought to dampen the brush.... I'll give it a try.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig