Sunday, May 13, 2012

CS Hot Pots palette otw/review



Finally I have a real palette of the week/ review for you, without fails or anything. I have been using my coastal scents magnetic palette full of hot pots. The shades are:  

First row: Cloud white, antique lilac, Reef pink, Dark golden olive.

Second row: Pale nude, Purple, Amethyst, Gypsy gold 

Third row: Creamy latte, Vibrant plum, Vibrant pink, Cherry chocolate.'


On the go: I found this to be OK for busy mornings, I would say the shimmery colours blended better than the matte so I did have to spend a little longer if I wanted to use the mattes. But overall I managed to achieve the look I was going for without too much effort.
 
Evening out: I could see this working as night time makeup as well, there are some nice deep shades and some vibrant pretties as well to make for a lovely night time look.
  
Variation: I feel like I got some good use out of all the shades and managed to do several looks, I did find myself gravitating to the same shades every day though.
 
Staying power: I used them eith both too Faced shadow insurance and with a NYX jumbo eye pencil and the shadows lasted all day, I am very happy with the staying power.


Work appropriate:Indeed, depending on how you use it. I did manage to get away with using the vibrant pink as a liner.

I actually was not expecting too much from these shadows and I have to say I was really impressed with them. I find the shimmery to be more pigmented and easier to work with, than the mattes. But They all performed quite well and lasted really really well.

I would certainly consider getting more of them. Have you guys tried these? what do you think of the Hot pots?


Loevens.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I think I was really lucky with the shades I chose, the swatches and pictures on the website is not all that accurate. Love the purples and the hot pink.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig