Monday, May 21, 2012

Naked 2 review/ palette of the week


I never got around to buying the original Urban decay Naked palette, mostly because it is mostly warm and bronzy neutrals. And that kind of colours did just not go well with my black hair. So I thought I would pass on it.

Then I became a red head and the Naked 2 palette came out. I immediatley thought that this would be a better palette for me and started looking around for a place that would ship it to Denmark. Luckily Sephora in Denmark had 200 palettes shipped in for their grand opening and I hurried to the store to pick one up.

Price: I think it was about 375 DKK wich is around $60

Packaging: I am absolutely loving the packaging. It's a nice sturdy metal case. I love the feel of it when it opens and closes. Just super quality and it travels very well. It comes with a double ended brush, wich I have not really been using, and a mini lip junkie lip gloss. You get 12x1,3 grams of eyeshadows.



On the go: These shadows blend really well, you really get top quality eyeshadows in this palette and it is super easy to do a quick look with these. Wether you want to just throw on one single shadow or you want to do a bit of shading, it can be done quite quickly.

Evening out: I like to use neutrals for evening wear as well as every day wear. I just darken the look a little more for night time. These are great for a night out, they are long lasting and they look amazing on.

Variation: I am soo happy that the shade "bootycall" is in this palette, it definately plays a part when it comes to how many looks I can create. Being pale I find that "foxy" is too dark to really work as a matte highlighter for me. I wish it had another highlight and one more dark shade then it would be perfect.

Staying power: Amazing! I use Too Faced Shadow insurance under it and it lasts all day with no creasing and only a slight fading.

Work appropriate:This is THE work palette! it's the perfect everyday palette.

I know that $60 can be a lot to spend on eyeshadow for some, but I feel that this is worth every penny! I love it to bits, and there is not one single bad shade in this palette, they are all super pigmented and of the highest quality.

Some prefer to save these high end palettes for special occasions, I don't. I feel like I would rather use high quality long lasting shadows to work (10 hours from application to I get home again) than to a 5-6 hour party. I need my makeup to stay in place all day as I am not one to touch up at work. Where as I will take a few touch up products with me if I am going out to a party or something. If that makes any sense.

I certainly recommend this palette if you are into neutrals, I can see this palette work all year round and I will certainly get a lot of use out of it.

Loevens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig