Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sephora Sculpting disk review

I bought this the day Sephora opened in Denmark, and I have been using it pretty much every day since then.

Price: $24 in Sephora US, €15,50 in europe.

Packaging: It's quite a large round black compact with a great big mirror. Inside it you will find 5 grams of bronzer 12 grams of face powder and 5 grams of highlighter. The packaging seems sturdy and it has survived well in my handbag. On the back you will find instructions on how to apply the product.

This only comes in one shade as far as I know and it's the first time I have bought a 3 in 1 kind of product and actually have been able to use everything in it.


Bronzer: The bronzer is not completely matte but it is not shimmery or glittery either, it is more matte than shimmery and gives a nice soft focus natural finish. I apply it with a fluffy brush and it applies like a dream. It is just the right shade for me and it can be built up nicely.

Powder: The face powder is just right for my skintone, I was afraid it would be to dark but I think it is quite translucent. it does a great job at mattifying my skin and setting my foundation. I do have to be careful not to apply too much, but ones I got the hang of it, this really did a great job.

Highlighter: this is my least favorite bit. I don't know why the highlighter has to be so pink? and the shimmer is gritty and strange in texture. However applied lightly it does looks quite nice, but I would have liked another colour and less sparkle.

I absolutely love this compact! the bronzer is just right for me and it applies like a dream. I find it really easy to use and the results are amazing. Only negative would be the highlighter being a little too dark and shimmery and the powder in the compact does start to look a little strange after it's been used a lot, lol but I don't care how it looks in the pan as long as it looks good on the skin.

The powder does look a little strange in the compact, the upper left corner seems to be pressed a little too hard and it won't give off any powder so I tried to scratch the top layer off. I think I will wait and see if it get worse or better.

I never really did do a lot of contouring before I bought this as I did not currently have a matte bronzer that suited my colouring (or lack thereof) but now I am hooked. I just love this disk.

Swatched heavily

I am probably about NC15 and this is not too dark for me at all. I don't think this will be right for medium or dark skin though.

I certainly recommend this to anyone with pale/fair/light skin.

and I will be repurchasing this when I run out, and I probably will eventually run out if I keep using it every single day.

Have you guys tried it? what are your thoughts on it?

loevens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig