Thursday, July 26, 2012

ELF Studio Body shimmer review


I bought this body shimmer in my last haul as I don't have anything like it and thought it would be fun to try. I got the shade Cosmic coral. I got it for 50% off.

Price: DKK 34,50 or £3,75

Packaging: It's a twist up stick format that reminds me of a deodorant stick. It is smaller than I thought it would be, but you do still get a lot of product. The cap fits tightly onto the container wich is nice. I could easily throw this in a bag.


This is supposed to be a highlighter product for both face and body, and I do have to admit that the formulation and texture of this product works great on the body as well as my face.  It has no scent to it wich is nice since I already wear lotion and boy sprays, so I don't need more scents on my body.

The colour is absolutely gorgeous, a cool toned pinkish coral packed with golden sheen. Not gritty glitter or flecks of any kind, just pearly lovely sheen.


This works great as a blusher, and the shade is actually also quite nice on the lips when worn with a bit of balm or gloss.  I find it to last quite well when worn as a blush and because it's so pigmented I don't need to slather on a whole lot.

 I only have one negative thing to say about this body shimmer. The colour... I mean what was I thinking, I can't use this on my body... It just looks like I got a sunburn and put on some golden pearly shimmer on top of it... This is entirely my own fault, there is nothing wrong with the product, I should just have picked a shade that could actually work on my skin...

So even though the shade is amazing and the product is great, I would not repurchase this particular shade again, I have my eyes set on the one called mystic moonlight and I am certainly going to be getting that one. I will be using this as a blush and lip colour.

I would definately recommend this product if you want glowy skin, but just make sure you get a shade you can actually use on your body :)

Worth every penny.

Loevens.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. i love elf products, but i have never seen this before. i have it try it out. it seems great! cute blog girl :)


    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment... I think the bronze shade would be amazing on summer legs :)

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig