Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dr. Jart black label BB cream


This is probably my most tried and tested BB cream. I have had 2 full sizes and 2 travel sizes of these and I need to buy another full size when I run out of BB's

This was one of the first BB creams I ever tried (I think skin79 was the very first) and this is the one I always come back to.  

Price: Can be purchased for around $25-30 on ebay, it runs more expensive on asian beuty stores selling specifically to europe and the US.

Packaging: 50ml black squeeze tube with grey writing. Nothing special about it but nice quality.

Scent: It does not have much of a scent, I would say it smells like you would expect  foundation to smell.

Promises:
  • SPF 25
  • whitening
  • Anti ageing
  • Moisture
  • relief for sensitive skin

SPF: This offers SPF 25 wich is almost enough for my plae sensitive skin. I could have wished for a bit more spf but this should be enough for most skin types. 

Whitening: This has not made my skin go any lighter with time, wich is fine with me as I don't really want that. I do however se a difference with my freckles and sun spots. It seems to slowly diminish my freckles (not comletely but slightly) to give my skin a more even tone. 

Anti ageing: I feel like everything claims to be anti ageing these days. I don't think it will prevent wrinkles in any larger extend than another spf 25 product would. The spf and the moisture is a good thing for preventing premature ageing but there are so many other factor like smoking and drinking that plays a role as well. However this does seem to make your skin look nice and smooth when applied and it does not settle into lines on my face. 
Moisture: I don't need to wear moisturizer underneath this, but I don't really have dry skin at the moment. I used to use this back when I had really dry skin and I would still need to moisturise my skin first. So don't expect this to be super hydrating.

Relief for sensitive skin: I have sensitive skin, and I do see an improvement in redness over time when using this product. It does not irritate my skin and it does not cause me to break out. So I guess there is some truth to that claim.
Colour and application: As far as I know it only comes in one shade. When you fist queeze it out of the tube it appears to be a pinkish grey. However I find that it adapts quite well to my nc15 skin. However I think it would leave a grey cast I were darker than nc/nw 20. (silver label is slightly darker so I would recommend that if you are over nc/nw 15-20)
I really love this BB cream, it is exactly what I think a BB should be. It does improve the condition of my skin over time, but don't expect miracles, this is not a wonder cream it's still makeup and needs to be removed before bed just as any other makeup product.

I like the coverage and how it manages to even out my skin and still look natural. I definately would recommend this.
Loevens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig