Saturday, September 29, 2012

BB cream comparisons


I thought it would be fun/informative to compare some BB creams so you guys could get a better idea of what differences to look for and what BB cream would suit your needs best. I have chosen to use mostly asian BB creams as I feel they are superior to the American/European versions (the few I have tried). I feel like American and European BB's are more like tinted moisturizers and less about coverage and sun protection. (Don't worry about the sample sizes in the picture I have tested all these BB's every day for at least 1-2 weeks each to do the reviews you will find in the links below)

I will be comparing them in the following categories: Shade, SPF, coverage, finish, staying power, oil control and misc (misc is where I will put the speciffic BB's special qualities)

I will be rating the coverage with a number from 1-10 1 being the sheerest.

Click on the name of the BB cream to read a full review of the product. The BB's are listed with the same numbers as the above photo for easier reference.

1. Skinfood peach sake pore BB:
  • Shade: a bit on the peachy side but still an ok match.
  • SPF: SPF 20
  • Coverage: 6/Medium, can be built up. could be better at covering redness.
  • Finish: matte to velvet.
  • Staying power: quite good
  • Oil control: good.
  • Best suited for normal to oily skin. Skin that needs oil control, has a lovely scent, can cling to dry skin. Light weight. Contains sake wich is said to have skin benefits.
2. Garnier BB cream:
  • Shade: Too dark for my NC15, yet not in an orange way.
  • SPF: SPF 15
  • Coverage: 1-2 very very sheer, not really buildable, evens out a bit.
  • Finish: Greasy! sheer.
  • Staying power: Not great at all.
  • Oil control: None what so ever.
  • Best suited for dry mature skin that is not too pale, more like a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream.
3. Dr. Jart black label BB cream:
  • Shade: Pinkish grey that blends to suit my nc15 skin.
  • SPF: SPF 25
  • Coverage: 7-8 good coverage, evens everything out, still looks natural.
  • Finish: velvet to dewey depending on your skin type.
  • Staying power: quite good.
  • Oil control: not meant to control oil, meant to add moisture.
  • Best suited for normal to dry fair skin, not as hydrating as it claimsbut not drying either.
4. Dr. Jart silver label BB cream:
  • Shade: bit too warm for my pale skin.
  • SPF: SPF 35
  • Coverage: 7 evens skintone out and covers freckles somewhat.
  • Finish: Dewey
  • Staying power: Quite good/black label is a bit better.
  • Oil control: Not that great, could be better.
  • Best suited fornormal/dry skin nc20/nw20

5. Skin79 Super+ Orange BB cream:
  • Shade: Matches my NC15 perfectly.
  • SPF: SPF 50 UVA/UVB
  • Coverage: 5/Medium, can be built up. Covers redness very well.
  • Finish: Very dewey, looks beautiful and natural.
  • Staying power: Average
  • Oil control: Not that great, makes pores look bigger.
  • Best suited for dry skin, I get oily within hours. Be careful not to overapply or it can look cakey. Contains vitamins A C E and F. A little one the liquid side of BB's
6. Skin79 Super+ Pink BB cream:
  • Shade: Good match for my NC15
  • SPF: SPF 25 UVA/UVB
  • Coverage: 4/buildable covers redness well
  • Finish: Natural dewey without looking oily, not cakey at all
  • Staying power: Good
  • Oil control:Great, only slightly oily around nose by the end of the day. Great for pores.
  • Best suited for normal to oily skin. Brightens up the complexion and under eye area. I did not need concealer under the eyes with this. Claims to have anti ageging ingredients and whitening effects over time. A little on the thicker side of BB's 
So there you have it. I do have quite oily skin at the moment so I do need to set all these with a powder but if you have normal to dry skin you certainly wont have to. I hope there is a little bit for every skin type. And I hope this has made it easier rather than harder to pick a BB cream. I do wish they would make some more shades for deeper skin tones.

I have more BB cream reviews to come as I am always trying different BB's

Loevens.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great blog and nice header! :)

    Would you like to follow each other at GFC and bloglovin?

    Love, Anja
    ----------
    www.theartoffashion-anja.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guten tag :) Thanks for the comment. I am now a follower :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome :) Just bought the mini set from skin79 with 4 of their BB creams and I can't wait to try them more :)

    How many times can you use the skin79 small samples? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got about 2 uses out of the small satchet samples and I got more than a week and a half out of each mini tube. One of the first BB products I bought years ago was the little skin79 sample set. I really liked it. You should try the Dr. jart sample size. I love Dr. jart black label it's my favorite.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig