Sunday, October 14, 2012

HOT makeup shadow box Winter 2012 edition

I got this for my birthday and have been playing around with it a bit now. It's far from my first shadow box from HOT makeup, I have had a few of them. I think I got my first one quite a few years ago before I really got into makeup, I actually can't really remember when. But I used it to bits. So I knew what kind of quality to expect from their shadow boxes.

I have swatches of the spring 2011 palette here

Price: DKK 129 or about $22,50 on HOTmakeup's webstore ( I do believe they ship outside of Denmark, but their webstore is in Danish so some translation is needed)

Packaging:  24 baked eyeshadows in a sleek black palette with a clear plastic window so you can see all the pretty shadows without opening it. It comes with a black liquid liner and 2 sponge applicators. I would say the palette is pretty sturdy, just don't drop it... I dropped mine after I took these pictures and the orange shadow shattered all over the place *sad face* But it's still usable just a bit messy now.



It's not everyday you see a palette with this many baked eyeshadows. I love baked shadows and palettes so the combination of the two just blows my socks off.

The shadows are all super pigmented, and really high quality. They are not powdery and they blend really well.

I use Too Faced shadow inscurance under them to make the colours pop even more. You can also apply them wet for an even more intense colour. And I often use them wet as eyeliner.


no primer
no primer
I really like the array of shadows in this winter edition. I feel like this could be a good palette all year around. Like the pinks and pastels for spring, the orange, yellow and hot pink for summer, the darker jewel tones for fall and so on. Only thing I could do without is the blue shadows, I really don't like blue but that's just because they look strange on me.

You even get a shimmery pearly white and a golden white highlighter. There are just so many shadows that I consider my favorites. That reddish brown with the green shift is gorgeous, the purples are fantastic and the golden pink and the antique gold is right up my alley.

I certainly recommend this to anyone who's not afraid of bright saturated shadows and to anyone who loves baked shadows.

HOT makeup also makes nail polish without toxins like formaldehyde and parabens. And they don't test on animals. So that's a big plus in my boo.

I think I may be hooked on these palettes, so expect to see more when the next palette comes. I will also be doing a few look posts with this palette.

Loevens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig