Sunday, May 26, 2013

Frontcover cosmetics - Metallic pastels palette

I am always on the lookout for a good palette, and Frontcover cosmetics have been catching my eyes a lot recently. I bought this kit/palette at Sephora a few weeks ago. But you can also get their kits/palettes and much much more on their website.

Price: £22 or about $33

Packaging: Black glossy cardboard box. It looks somewhat like a book/magazine. If you hate bulky packaging you may not like this. It is not exatly something you can just throw in your purse but I actually really like the packaging and I don't need to take this with me on the go. It's got magnetic closing and it seems really sturdy

Now let's get to the good stuff.



Here is a look inside the box. Great inspirational pictures and guides to get the looks on the left, and the goodies on the right. It's packed with 5 satin shades, 10 baked shadows, a gold liquid liner, a black kohl pencil and a dual ended eyeshadow brush.




I love these eyeshadows, especially the baked shadows. I love the great variety in warm and cool shades and I love the mix of neutrals and color. The quality of the shadows is really great as well. They go on really pigmented and with a good primer they will last you all day. They are easy to blend. There can be a tiny bit of fallout with "Arizona tan". As you can se on "fuzzy brown" the golden color is just an overspray.

Underneath the products is a little booklet!




 I can be a little skeptic about brushes, liners and mascaras etc. in palettes. I find that in other palettes these are just thrown in to complete the kit without concern for quality. This is not the case. I feel that the quality of the brushes is good. They are not my favorite brushes but they do pack on the shadow nicely. The golden eyeliner is amazing. It is so long wearing! it is also nicely pigmented and it just stays put, just remember to give the bottle a really good shake before use. The Kohl pencil is creamy and goes on nicely but it's not a true black, it lacks a bit of pigmentation and it does not set so you will have to set it with a powder. It's not a favorite but it's not horrible.

Now for the swatches, these are done without a primer!




I have to say I really really love this kit/palette and I find it really easy to recreate the looks in the box. I would recommend this to anyone who likes these shades, they will not dissapoint. I am going to have so much fun with this palette this summer. I have already been wearing it several times and I keep coming up with new ways to use it.

I cannot wait to see what else frontcover cosmetics will come up with for the next season.
All the palettes are limited edition so hurry up and get it!

Loevens.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig