Sunday, September 29, 2013

Palette of the week

Hello guys, I know I am a little late on my palette of the week post, I have just gotten home from my trip to Greece. I had the most amazing vacation.

Anyways... last week I used my NYX Butt naked palette.


Price: 25$ on cherryculture.com

Packaging: I have a love/hate relationship with the packaging. Over all it seems sturdy and it has a nicely sized mirror. But the bottom drawer that contains the blushers/brozer/highlights seem to bust open at its own will... So I have not been wanting to travel with it for that reason.
 
On the go: Even though this palette has a little bit of everything, I have not been reaching for it on busy mornings. The shadows just take a little too much work if you want a nice blended look. But I did get a bit lazy one day and just slapped on one single shade and it worked fine.

Evening out: Most of these shades are actually quite sheer on me, so I would say it would be a very casual night out or I would have to use a lot of the deeper shades.

Variation: It does have a good mix of matte and shimmery shades, and also the blushes seems to have some variation to them. BUT most of the eyeshadows actually tend to look the same on my lids, making it very hard to make several different looks. I find the shades to be sheer and when blended together they can look a little "muddy"

Staying power: It's ok. I mean, when you start off with a sheer result you don't end up with a lot of eyemakeup by the end of the day.

Work appropriate: VERY, there is a lot of "hardly there" shades.

I LOVE the blushes and the bronzer, amazing staying power and pigmentation. I don't really care for the shadows too much. The quality is nice enough but the shades are too similar and perhaps too close to my skintone to really show up. Now I know it says "butt naked" on the front but I still expect the colors to show up and not look all the same on my lids.



Sadly this palette did not live up to the hype for me. But I dont completely hate it and I will try to work with different bases to make the shadows pop a bit more.

 Loevens.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. is pretty :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! When I first saw this palette, I thought it would be a great gift for my bf's little sister, but since you said the colors don't show up well, I might reconsider. Really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Joy. I would recommend getting another palette. the blushes are nice but yeah I dont think the colors show up too well on the eyeshadows and they look too much the same.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig