Thursday, March 27, 2014

Elf essentials loose eyeshadow review


I have had these for a while now, and thought it was time for a review. I got 2 Shades of the eyeshadows; Honey and Lilac. I believe that Elf uk has changed the names to match the US names as they were named differently when I ordered them.

Price: £2,5

Packaging: Now I am not a fan of this packaging, It's very cheap, plasticky and too lightweight. The name of these shadows should be changed. There is nothing loose about them. The shadow is like a cream shadow filled into the lid of the pen. A spring loaded applicator picks up the product when you twist the pen to close it. The idea is cool and I have seen it work with other brands. BUT the caps of these elf ones are soo fragile. Both the caps of mine has already broken after just one use.

Honey is a lovely bronze shade, nicely pigmented. Lilac is a very sheer lilac shade.


Both these shadows apply more like a cream than a powder product. I was fine with that as long as the shadow could be worn on its own, like a regular shadow. But no... These crease like crazy on me - with or without a primer, these will crease on me within minutes of application.


I really don't have anything nice to say about these Little Things, except for that the colors are nice and the product is creamy.

It's not a Loose shadow, it does not wear well on it's own, it did not prolong my other eyeshadows when worn as a base. And they both broke on me after just one use.

I would not recommend these.

If you like these please don't take offence to this review, I would love to hear why you like them and how you use them, maybe you have some tips for me.

Loevens.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh.......It hurts when products don't meet our expectations although both shades are lovely....xoxoxo....^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. luckily these were very affordable and I bought them when elf had a sale, so it did not hurt my wallet that much ;). But yeah, I still wish they would have worked out better.

      Delete
  2. I tried these kind of eye shadows that were from an Indian Brand called Streetwear.. They looked different for an eyeshadow and that's I tried!
    However, the over smooth/powdery texture and the applicator didnt allow me to apply properly. I tried numerous times to use them but I finally gave up.
    Your review is just are my thoughts when I used them :)


    Appu
    www.getsetblush.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to hear that. Thanks for letting me know so I don't purchase those if I ever come across them. I have tried similar products from other brands, that actually worked out allright, but these sadly did not.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig