Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Essence stay no matter what eyepencil & shadow review


 
I have a thing for jumo pens... be it lipsticks, balms or eyeshadow. I just can't help myself around these chubby Little fellas. So when I saw this Little thing from Essence I knew I had to try it. I got the shade 07 whipped frosting. None of the other colors really spoke to me and I knew that it it failed as a stand alone shadow I could use it as a base or browbone highlight.
 
 
Price: EU 2,45
 
Packaging: Pretty nice. I like the feel of the pen in my hands, and it's not flimsy at all. With some cheap pens I feel like the cap can be rubbish, but thise one is nice. Unfortunately it's not a twist up pencil so you do have to sharpen it.
 
 
This pencil did not wow me. It's not bad but it's not perfect either.
 
It goes on a bit patchy on the eyes and therefore I would not use it as a stand alone shadow. However it Works great as a primer/base. It's very tacky at first but slowly it sets. Wich allows you time to apply your powder shadow.
 
 
 
With this underneath my eyeshadow I did not need a primer and it made my shadow pop nicely.  So I would say it's pretty darn good as a sticky base.
 
 
The reason I am not over the moon with this product is because I bought it, thinking it would be more of a cream shadow pen and less of a sticky base product.
 
 
So if you are looking for a cream shadow to Wear on it's own this is not the one, maybe some of the other colors work better, but I have only tried this one so I don't know.
 
 
Loevens.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I really hate patches....glad to know you haven't thrown it into the dustbin and use it as an eyeshadow base....xoxoxo....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I hate when something swatches nicely on the hand but applies patchy on the eyes. I could never throw out a new product. Even if I hated it I would try and make it Work. lol.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig