Sunday, March 9, 2014

Essence XXXL long lasting mirror shine lipgloss


I have tried and liked a lot of Essence products, so I thought it was about time that I tried some of the XXXL lip glosses. I have heard a lot of good things about the original XXXL glosses so I also got one of those. This particular gloss is from the new long lasting mirror shine Collection.

Color: 01 babydolls favorite. A sheer milky pinky coral color. It's not super sheer, you definately get some pretty color on your lips. It tones Down my natural lip color a bit and makes it look a Little lighter and more pinky/coral. My lips are naturally a light rosy shade this makes them look a bit more nude'ish.

Scent: Vanilla frosting scent, it smells yummy but the scent goes away almost as soon as the gloss hits your lips. It has no taste to it.

Price: EU 2,25 the original XXXL gloss is EU 1,75

Packaging: I actually quite like the packaging. I don't think it looks cheap at all. The gloss has a slanted doe foot applicator wich I really like. you get 4,5 ml of gloss. The original one contains 5 ml. But the tubes seem to be the exact same size. The look and feel of this new packaging seems nicer and better than the original one though.


I really really like this gloss. It's very glossy and pretty on the lips. It gives just the right sheer color I expected to get from looking at tube.

The consistency is just right. It's slightly thicker than the original XXXL gloss but not tacky or sticky at all. It feels smooth even though it's a thicker gloss. Most longer lasting glosses need to have a thickness to them in order to stay on longer. Thiss gloss does a nice job at staying on. I would say it stays on for 3-4 hours before  I need to touch up. But I am really bad at reapplying too often just to smell the gloss Again.

All in all I really think this is a great quality gloss, with nice shine and staying power. I don't mind that it costs more than the original, in my opinion it's also much better than the original. Actually this might become one of my favorite glosses.

Loevens.

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I just ordered a few essence products because of you! I got one of their mascaras and their eye primer and I'm so excited to try them out! That gloss has such a stunning color to it; I'll definitely look into ordering that one next!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh exciting, what else did you get? Cant wait to hear what you think.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig