Friday, March 21, 2014

Wet n wild LE spring 2014 palettes. first impression.



Hey gals. I got these in the mail 2 days ago and thought I would try them out a bit. So I have tried both palettes once and want to let you know my first impression on these.
 
 
First of all, the quality is way better than last year. Still not the same quality you get in the permanent pallettes, but closer than the ones from last year.
 
 
Walking the red carpet: I really like this neutral palette. It seems like there has been a lot of thought put into this. One side is more cool toned, and one side is more warm toned. The cool toned crease color on the left is a bit sheer, and not at soft as some of the others. The golden eyelid color on the right is sparkly, and seems to go on more pigmented when applying it with a finger. It's a bit dusty, and seems to sheer out with a brush, but it's really pretty. There is a variety of finishes, one pretty matte light pink browbone shade, that I absolutely love, 2 sparkly shades a metallic bronze with super pigmentation and some more satiny finishes. Also I like that you get both light, medium and dark shades.
 
 
Flirting at the afterparty: This looks a bit more cool toned in my picture than in real life. Especially the right side wich is actually more violet with pinkish undertones in real life. This is a bit more of a miss for me. Some of the shades show up pretty similar on my skin and I definately suggest using a good base to ensure the colors pop and stay vibrant. However I love that you get one side with lilac/lavendar shades and one side with more pinky violet shades. These are more matte than the other palette. It seems that some of the shimmery shades are a matte base with shimmers. I do have quite a few favorite shades in this palette I love the left side definer, the right side browbone wich has a soft iridecent glow to it and the right side eyelid and crease color. I do wish the dark shades would have been just a bit deeper. But overall it's a nice palette
 
 
I have worn both palettes once, so I have not yet tried all the shades on my lids. I am still a little unsure about how well some of the vibrant colors will look at the end of a long day. The teal color from one of the spring palettes last year faded on my really fast so I am concerned that these will do the same. But more testing is needed. So These will be featured in my palette of the week, next week, with swatches and more info on how they performed.
 
 
Loevens.
SHARE:

1 comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig