Sunday, April 6, 2014

Maybelline Master Hi-light review


Another item I hauled a while back in my big US drugstore haul.

Price: About $8 at walmart.

Packaging: Round plastic packaging. It feels sturdy enough to throw in your purse. Underneath the product is a compartment with a brush and a mirror. The mirror is nice, the brush is not very good. You get 9 grams of product.



I have been more into matte blushes lately, but I wanted to try these out anyways. I choose the color nude as I thought this would probably be the most versatile shade for me. If it failed as a blush  I would use it as a shimmery bronzer or eyeshadow.

It actually has enough color to show up on my cheeks as a blush. And the warmth of the peachy shades makes it a very wearable subtle nude blush. I do try and focus my brush more on the peachy shades rather than the brown/taupe shades, as the peachy shades have less shimmer.


This is a nice subtle blush for paler skintones, I think this would make a pretty highlight for medium and deep skintones as well.

I won't recommend packing this product on too heavily as it will look too obviously powdery on the cheeks if you do. But blended out nicely it gives a pretty sheen to the cheeks with a subtle wash of color. For me this is a great natural everyday shade.



Wear time is decent. I do like to use a bit of a neutral cream blush underneath to make it last a little longer, but on it's own it does wear well for about 8-9 hours on my skin.

I am very glad that I picked this color. I keep this in my travel bag because it is so versatile. I actually also use this as eyeshadow. I use the shimmery browns all over the lid and use the soft peach to blend it out and add some warmth to the look. So when on the go this is my blush, highlighter and eyeshadow. I do have to use some of my smaller shadow brushes with this, or I would pick up multiple colors as the same time.

All in all I am very pleased with this particular shade, I am not sure I would pick up any of the other shades as I don't need a shimmery pink blush, the mauve looks too dark for me and the bronzer shades have shimmer in them as well. But if they did come out with other shades I definately would be interested in checking them out if I thought they could Work for me. I see myself using this a lot this summer.
 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm pretty fair and I thought the mauve wasn't too dark (I have pics of it on my blog)! I was really impressed with the, but I kinda forgot about them!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. Just commented on your post. That mauve really does look nice when swatched.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig