Saturday, April 5, 2014

Maybelline baby lips review


I have had these babies for a while now and thought it was time I let you guys know what I think of them
 
Price: about $3 depending on where you get them. I got mine 50% off.
 
Packaging: Your standart lip balm packaging. The plastic seems sturdy, some more affordable lip balms tend to have some really bad plastic packaging where the plastic seems to crack. While these are very affordable I have not had that problem with these. And I have to say I love the colorful tubes and writing on these. You get 4,4 grams of product.
 
When I think of lip balm in a stick type, I normally think of more waxy or thicker balms, wich is what I prefer in a balm. These however are smooth, on the verge of slippery without feeling oily. At first I was a Little bummed because my experience told me that this consistency would not be enough to hydrate my lips. But I have to say I was wrong.
 
These actually hydrate my lips nicely. They claim to have 8 hours of hydration, wich is not true. These do not have a lot of staying power, but I don't mind reapplying.

 
Berry bomb: Is from the Electro lip Collection wich has brighter neon-like colors. Berry bomb is a dark violet/purple shade, It looks scary in the tube but it's sheer and when it mixes with the pinkness of my lips it becomes a very wearable berry shade. It has a sweet fruity scent. I really like this color and I feel that this is more hydrating than the other 2 I got.
 
Peach kiss: is part of their regular line. It's a pretty peachy nude, it's a bit sheer but you still get the peachy color on our lips. It smells like some sort of fruity candy. This is a great everyday balm for me.

Berry soft: Is from the dr. rescue line. It contains menthol and according to the packaging it soothes Cold sores and fever blisters. It also states that you should not apply it more than 3-4 times daily, probably because of the menthol in it. This is such a pretty shade. I can't really describe in other words than a tea rose shade. It does have a strong menthol scent to it, but I don't mind. This has been put to the utimate test as I had some swelling and blisters on my lips the other day, I think it was some sort of allergic reaction. This actually did soothe my lips. I don't know if it was because I used this but it went away faster than usual.


Berry bomb, peach kiss, berry soft
All in all I am pretty pleased with these. Ofcourse there are more hydrating lip balms out there. But I do really like these for the pretty colors and fruity scents. The Berry soft shade is my favorite lip color at the moment, I do have to say that it's a shame that you should only apply the dr. rescue 3-4 times a day, as it needs to be reapplied regularly to maintain the color.

What are your thoughts on the baby lips? I definately want to get more.
 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. wow....pretty colors....I am still confused....I so badly want a lip balm and I am confused between these and the EOS ones.....:/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Can understand. They are 2 really differentieret things. And it really dependens on what you need. Maybelline baby lips are great for a pop of color. Eos is great before applying lipstick. Eos looks like nothing on your lips, No shine or color.

      Delete
  2. These tinted ones are not available in India yet. But, I think The Baby Lips as a whole are great!

    I have been following you for quite some time. I love your posts.
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you only have the clear Ones? In Denmark We Don't have baby lips at all, so I had to buty them online. Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig