Friday, April 4, 2014

Palette of the week


This week I have been using my Sephora Blockbuster palette that I got last year on my trip to Greece.

Price: I honestly don't remember. I got it on sale. But I believe that Sephora sold it for about $50 when it was available.

Packaging: I love it and I hate it. I think it's a very clever design and I think they managed to fit a lot of products into one box. I like that it comes with a nice mirror. What I don't like is that it is bulky. I don't have a vanity area at my place. So I tend to have to hold the palette in one hand while applying in front of my mirror with the other hand. Or else I go back and forth, from palette to mirror. When it comes to the placement of the different products I think they did a great job with color coordinating and so on.


On the go: Too big and bulky to throw in the purse. This is more of a "stay at home" palette. Wich makes reapplying the lip products in the palette a bit of a problem. You can't just pop a few of the colors in your purse. On busy mornings this palette is nice. It has everything you  need, neatly presented. So it's very easy to find just the Shades you are looking for. Not being able to really hold it in one hand while applying with the other mankes it a Little harder for me. But the product itself is great for busy mornings.





Evening out: I used this palette to get ready in the evening every night when I was in Greece. There is a lip color for every mood or occasion and there are definately some nice party Shades in there.
 
Variation: I could not ask for more. It has Blacks, greys, silver, greens, blues, purples, reds, pinks, yellows, oranges and neutrals. Mattes and satiny Shades. It comes with 64 eyeshadows, 3 highlighters, 6 shadow topcoats, 12 cream liners, 3 blushes, 6 cheek and eye creams, 6 lip topcoats and 48 lipcolors. So something for every look.
 
Staying power: With a primer these will last you just fine. I did use my Maybelline color tattoo for an extra intense color payoff but just using a primer is enough. The lip products are not long wearing. The more pigmented colors lasts longer than the sheer ones. I would skip the cream liners, they don't set and will just smear all over the place, so I would use them as bases instead. The blushes were just ok, but with one of the cheek creams underneath they stayed on considerably longer.
 
 
Work appropriate: Definately. The Whole middle of the box is dedicated to neutral Shades. So you can definately get some wearable daytime looks with this. Also the blushes are very natural and there are some nice neutral lip colors as well.




I enjoyed using this palette, I probably could have used it for a month without running out of new looks to create. It's a palette that I have not given enough love. Not everything in here is worth the 50 dollar Price tag. The cream liners are rubbish, very pigmented but they don't set so I would use them as bases instead. The highlighters are chunky in texture, it just does not look cute on the eyes or the cheeks. the 3 dark topcoats I would use as powder liner, the 3 light ones are just like the highlighters. The blush colors are nice but have a strange shimmery glitter in it. The cheek and eye colors are lovely and the shadows and lip products are very lovely.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You have such a flawless skin....love it....lovely review....xoxoxo....^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Maria. I really dont have Great skin. I have big pores, freckles and dry spots. But that is the magic of makeup :)

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig