Saturday, April 19, 2014

Palette of the week

Sorry for the late post, I was celebrating easter with my boyfriend and parents all day yesterday. I got home this morning. This week I have been using my VOV castledew diacut eyes palette in "planet diamond"


Price: This Sells for about $15 on Koreadepart.com I got mine from Ebay for a little more.

Packaging: The packaging is sooo pretty. It's an absolute pleasure to look at. It's a metallic silver and clear plastic with holographic details. It seems very sturdy and it comes with 2 sponge tip applicators that are actually really good for packing on the shadows. One of the applicators are thinner, wich makes it perfect for applying shadow to the lower lash line. You get 8 grams of product. It also has a nice mirror.



On the go: This is great for travel, It's sturdy, it has a mirror and it actually has some nice applicators. It's also very easy to use on busy mornings, There are several shades that would make for a great one shadow look and they are very easy to work with.



 Evening out: Even though there is no black shadow in the palette, I feel this is a great palette for night time makeup. The Deep shades are truly amazing and very shiny. There's also some very wearable pops of color in the palette.

Variation:  When it comes to texture, they are all of a shiny/metallic finish. But I do think there's some nice variation in the palette when it comes to colors. 3 highlighting shades, 3 all over lid shades and 3 deeper shades. I managed to get a new look every day of the week with this. I did a purple look, a golden bronzey look, a coral/taupe look, a golden purple look I also used the bronze color all overr the lid, as well as the taupe. So I am very pleased with the number of looks I managed to create, considering you get 9 shadows.


no primer
Staying power: My lids have been oily this week, so the shadows did need all the help they could get. Without a primer they would still go on nice and vibrant, but would crease very fast. With a primer they lasted me quite a bit longer. But I found that using a cream shadow as a base was the most effective. These shadows are very very creamy in texture for a baked product, so they do need a little help on my lids or they will crease on me. But with the shadow base they stayed on fine.
 
Work appropriate: For me they definately woud be office friendly. But if you prefer a more matte look for Work then this is not for you. I myself do enjoy a good neutral metallic eye, and this will definately give you that.

I really enjoyed using this palette. I have to say that these are some amazingly pigmented baked shadows. Some baked shadows seem on the dry side and need to be Applied with Water for full intensity. These do not need to be Applied wet. They are so smooth and creamy. They stayed true to color all day with a shadow base underneath. I love everything about this palette, from the way it looks to the way the shadows perform. I really want to get more of these palettes.


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love the packaging....shades are very pretty as well as pigmented....xoxoxo.....^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous packaging and shades! Never heard of this palette before, but I think I need it now ;)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig