Sunday, April 27, 2014

Palette of the week


Sorry for not posting much this week. I have not been home very much this week. So no more excuses. Here is my palette of the week. It is the Etude House Play color #2 so chic play, palette. phew what a name.


Price: This is limited edition item, the only place I could find it was Ebay for around $20


Packaging: I actually thought this would be bigger. It's very sleek and lightweight. It's made from plastic and has a snap closure. It seems sturdy enough and I have actually carried it in my purse this past week, with no malfunctions. I love the way the packaging looks. You get 10 eyeshadows and 2 very decent applicators. I actually used these applicators for my lower lash line and they worked great.




On the go: This palette is travel friendly, I carried it in my purse a lot this week. It comes with a good mirror so no complaints. When it comes to busy mornings I felt that this palette performed well. The shadows are easy to apply and blend out. Just be careful with the metallic shadows, they contain micro glitter, and may not be ideal for busy mornings.
 


 Evening out: This is a party palette in my opinion. The metallic Shades are very shiny and sparkly, very festive. I think I would use this palette more for party looks than everyday looks.

Variation:  When it comes to colors I like the variation in this palette. You get some lovely neutrals and a few pops of wearable color. Half the shadows are matte and the other half is shimmery. So certainly some good variation. And I did manage to create several different looks with it.


Staying power: When worn over a primer the shadows stayed on really well. Even the micro glitter shadows stayed put, and I had minimal fallout.
 
Work appropriate: Some of the less shimmery Shades could be office friendly. But I think overall this palette is more of a party palette for me. I just don't want to go to Work with glittery eyeballs. I really did enjoy this palette and I really like all the colors. I am a Little bummed about all the micro glitter, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I did not have a lot of problems with fallout. So the glitter actually stayed put.  I do wish that the metallic Shades were just metallic and not sparkly. Maybe one of the shadows could be sparkly but 5 out of 10 is too much sparkle for me.
 
I am still glad I bought this palette and I can't wait to use it for party looks Again.
 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I always go for shimmery palettes....lol...I don't like matte shades.....ehehehehe....lovely post dear......xoxoxo....^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like shimmer as well, but these are glittery, I prefer shadows without glitter.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig