Friday, October 24, 2014

Urban Decay Vice 3 review

I have had some time to play around with my Urban Decay Vice 3 palette. And I'm finally ready to tell you Guys what I think.

Price: $60 on www.urbandecay.com I got mine from a trusted seller on ebay. So it did cost me a lot more because of shipping and import duties and whatnot.

Packaging: It comes in a lovely cardboard box with lots of nice details. Inside the box is a pretty makeup bag, I really love that it was included. In the makeup bag is the palette. Now the palette looks really amazing I love the colors and the Jewel type inlay. It's slimmer than the previous vice palettes. It looks like it would be a metal casing but it's not. It's plastic. And although it looks really nice, it does feel a bit cheap. The palette has a nice big mirror and a great magnetic closure. I would not travel with this palette, one of my eyeshadows broke in transit although it was packaged really well. I like the look of the packaging but it feels a little flimsy to me. Nowhere near as sturdy as the naked 2 and 3 palettes.


When it comes to the actual eyeshadows I am really liking the shade selection. They are all very wearable for me, except the blue and green shadows. I can't really get away with wearing those. But I have to say that I am very pleased with the colors they chose to put in this palette.



 What I don't like is how powdery some of the shadows are. Normally I associate Urban Decay with creamy smooth eyeshadows. These are not that creamy or smooth. They just don't really feel like I expected them to feel.
 
One thing that striked me was how fast this palette gets dirty, because of all the powdery Shades. I had only swatched it a few times before the palette looked old and used, like I had been using it for a month.
 
 
The shadows are still quite pigmented and they look lovely on the eyes. And I have to give them credit on the glittery shadows. I hate glitter, but this is sooo microscopic that you can't really feel it and it just gives you such a sophisticated shimmer. No chunky glittery fallout to detect. So that's really good.
 
 
I also do like the matte shades quite a lot, they are a bit powdery but they perform really well.
 
The metallic shades are nice, not as rich and shiny as I thought they would be, but that's probably because I am a bit of a metallic shine freak. These shadows seem to be a more mature take on eyeshadows with the toned down glitter and toned down shine.
 
 
I can't complain about pigmentation and all the shadows are similar in quality so no misses in this palette. However I have found the shadows to fade a bit during the day. More than my other Urban decay shadows. I suspect that it has something to do with the powdery texture. I have tried using The UD primer potion, it did make the shadows pop more but the vibrant shades still faded throughout the day. I tried Too Faced shadow inscurance, same thing, I have tried with Gosh waterproof cream shadow, same thing. I still need to try with the Maybelline color tattoos, hopefully I will find something to prevent them from fading too fast.
 


So to boil this Down a bit. I absolutely love the color selection. I adore the warm pinky, reddish, brownish shades in this palette a lot. They do apply and blend nicely but they do fade a bit to fast compared to my naked 2 and my 15th anniversary palette. The texture is different and they are more powdery.

I feel like the quality is still really nice compared to some other brands but it's not the Urban Decay quality that I am used to. I do not regret getting this palette at all but I am still slightly dissapointed. This could have been the most epic palette in my Collection if only the quality was the same as earlier palettes.

I will let you decide for yourself if you want to pick this up. This is limited edition though, So think fast. I hope you enjoyed this review and if you have this palette already please tell me what you think. Do you agree or disagree with me?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig