Thursday, October 30, 2014

What's your biggest fear?

I was going to post a review today. But I will have to postpone that until tomorrow.

I have been to the dentist today. I have always been a Little scared of the dentist. But 1½ years ago I went to get one of my wisdom teeth pulled out. It turned out to be a really bad experience for me. I panicked, forgot to breathe and passed out. Mostly because they had to inject me with local anesthesia 6-7 times before it worked, they thought I was being a Little hysterical so they tried pulling it out a few times before they gave in and gave me some more anesthesia. They finally got it out. And I swore I would never do that Again.

Today I went in to fix another of my wisdom teeth. Fortunately it did not have to be removed. But it did take more local anesthesia than last time. I had a bad reaction to the adrenalin in the anesthetics and my Heart started racing and I felt like I was about to have a panic attack. I cried my eyes out like a baby. It was so embarrasing.

The dentist had told me the procedure would take 45 minutes, it took at least 45 minutes before I was done with the anesthetics and was somewhat ready to be worked on. I was about ready to run out of the dentists office a few times but I knew I had to get this done, if I wanted to keep my tooth. They never did manage to completely numb my tooth but I decided I was done with all the injections so I pretended to not feel a thing and just suck it up.

Worst 15 minutes I have had in a long time, but it was still better than the injections. I did take some medicine before going to the dentist to calm my nerves (something my doctor prescribed me after last time) But when I get scared, I sober right up, and I did not get any effect from the medicine.

I'm feeling quite relieved now, I'm pretty sore but it's allrigt. But maan throwing tantrums like a spoiled brat really takes a lot of energy. I am soo tired now, my eyes are puffy and my face looks all messed up.

I didn't realize that going to the dentist would have me scared shitless to the point of passing out. Why can't I be afraid of zombies instead? at least I don't have to go visit a zombie every 12 months.. I know that to most people my fear probably seems really stupid, but to me it's very real and something I most likely have to experience Again one day.

At least now my dentist knows that I am sensitive to adrenalin, so maybe next time will be a much more relaxing experience. I really think that reaction tipped me over the edge.

Enough about me. I would love to hear your worst fears. What are they? have you had to come face to face with them? Are you afraid of something stupid like I am? let me know.

Loevens.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig