Monday, November 24, 2014

Essence Effect gloss review


I bought this along with the Essence Rock out! trend edition. This gloss is part of their newly launched fall/Winter items in the permanent line. I was curious about these but I did have a hard time picking one that I wanted to try. Most of their effect glosses looked to be glittery or metallic, so I picked the one that seemed the least sparkly.

I got the color: pink galaxy

Price: €2,45 or DKK 18,23 or $3 at www.kosmetik4less.de

Packaging: Very sturdy plastick packaging. I personally don't care for the shape of this gloss. I have a lipstick organizer, where I also keep my glosses, and this one will not fit. It has a nice doe foot applicator and you get 6ml of gloss.

The color of pink galaxy is a sheer pink loaded with sparkle. It's not chunky glitter but very fine sparkle. There are several different sparkles in this, some almost red, some pink, some golden and some pinky purple.
 

This gloss does have a scent to it. It smells a bit like raspberries to me, and a Little bit like plastic. Not my favorite scent, but it does go away quickly after application. But if you don't like sweet fruity scents then you may want to skip this.

The texture is sticky. It's been a while since I have worn sticky lip gloss so I'm not really liking that. When I rub my lips together I can also feel the sparkle in the gloss wich I'm not a fan of either. So I'm not that into the texture of this gloss.

The sparkle is pretty though, but I think I would only use this on top of a lipstick. It actually looks really good on top of lipstick, and it does not feel sticky when paired with a lipstick.

So if you are looking for something pretty and sparkly to top off your lipstick for the Holiday season. This may be for you. If you are looking for a sparkly gloss to Wear on it's own, then this may not be the thing.

Personally I don't think I would be repurchasing this.
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig