Wednesday, December 24, 2014

NYC Cityproof, twistable intense lip color review


I bought this in my Black Friday beautyjoint.com haul, and it's been a love at first sight type of "thing" with this lippie. The name is quite a tongue-twister, so I just call them NYC twistable lip color.

Shade: Riverside rose. I believe there are 12 Shades in total.

Price: $2,99 on www.beautyjoint.com

Packaging: Your typical jumbo lip pencil packaging. With a clear plastic lid. The lid is quite nice and snug so I feel comfortable throwing this in purse. This has THE most satisfying twist up mechanism ever! It's just soo smooth and luxe. This does not feel cheap in any way. You get 2 grams of product.


Let me start by mentioning that this has a strong candy cherry scent so if that sounds off putting to you, then just stop right here. I actually don't mind the scent. I love cherry coke and this remind me a bit of that so to me it's almost nice. And it is noticeable after apllication so keep that in mind.

This color applies smooth and evenly onto the lips. It feels very lightweight and slightly hydrating. It's nothing like a balm but it does not dry my lips out either, so very comfortable to Wear.

This Shades Wears off nicely as well and it acutally lasted longer on my lips than I thought it would. It's not long wearing at all but I'm still surprised at the staying power, seing how light weight this is.


I may have just found my holy grail lipcolor. Not the fomulation, the actual color! The formula on this is nice but it's not the best I've ever tried, and it's certainly not the worst! But that color! it's such a nice my lips but better (and slightly darker) color. I love it!


 I'm not good at describing Shades, but I'll give it a try. It's a light/medium mauve shade. Not too red pink or Brown, it's just perfect for someone as pale as me, that wants something a Little darker than my natural lips without going all vampy.



 I have worn this so much since I got it. It's my perfect match! So it's hard for me to say anything bad about this jumbo lip pencil. it's lightweight on the lips, it does not dry out my lips even with several touch ups throughout the day, staying power is average and it does have a stong cherry scent.
 
So I will let you decide if that is something you are into, but if you get one, take a moment to enjoy the smooth twist up mechanism.. promise me!
 
I will be looking into getting more of these babies, and my mom wants one as well. She tried mine and also fell in love with this color, so I'll be getting more of thes for sure!
 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You look so pretty in this shade....xoxoxo....:)

    http://mariahussain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig