Sunday, December 28, 2014

TIP: what to do with lipsticks colors you don't like!


I am currently cleaning up my Collection a bit. And I have SO many lipsticks that I never use because the color is wrong for my skintone. We are talking orange and cool toned crazy purple lipsticks, nudes that are too pale for me, nudes that are too Brown and nudes that are too peachy.

all the lipsticks that does not suit me.

I was just going to toss these, but I found an old unused container palette with 12 Little containers in each palette. I've used these type of palettes before for my pigment samples and so on.

So I decided to get greative and mix  some lipsticks together to hopefully make some more wearable Shades.

I love my lime crime lipstick, but the color does NOT suit me but it was great for mixing with the orange Shades to make some more pinky neutral colors. All these colors are pretty wearable for me and I think I may have a few new favorite Shades amongst these DIY lippies.

All I did was cut a few pieces of lipstick into each container, pop them in the microvawe and stir stir stir. And voila! New lip colors.

You could add some lip balm into the mix if you want a more sheer color.

I'm really pleased that I turned 15 not so flattering lipstick into 11 VERY flattering lipsticks. And each Little pot has it's own lid, so I can throw them in my purse along with a retractable lip brush and I'm good to go!AAAND these are also some awesome cream blush Shades as well.

the empty lipstick tubes.

I think I'm going to go over my entire Collection - one step at a time and see if I can come up with more cool ideas.
 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a great idea! I'm starting to get a little heavy on lipsticks I don't like. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. I'm pretty happy about how they turned out. I did try mixing the different colors on my hands before cutting the lipsticks up and mixing them in the jars.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig