Saturday, January 17, 2015

Bourjois Rouge edition velvet - review


I bought this in my Boots Black Friday haul. And I have been using it a lot. I've been really struggling with taking a great and accurate Picture of this lippie, so I almost didn't want to review it. But I decided that this needed to be reviewed, bad photography or not. My camera is still not showing the true color of this, but I will try and describe it to you.
 
Price: £8,99 or about $13,65 on Boots international website
 
Packaging: I like the Square plastic packaging on this. It has a color coordinated lid, and I think it looks quite classy and pretty. It's got a very nice doe foot applicator. I do feel like this may get messy at some point, as I'm already now, seeing some product build up in the lid. But nothing too crazy.
 
I got the color 07- nudeist. I was expecting it to go on true to the color in the packaging. It does not do that. It's actually quite a dark very rosey Brown. Almost like a toned down red. I love the color,
but it was not what I was expecting.
 
 
This is a long lasting, liquid lipstick that dries down to a matte finish.
I don't feel like this dries my lips out that much, wich was a pleasant surprise to me. It's not going to be kiss proof when you first apply it. But as some of the excess color Wears off, you are left with a full on matte and kiss proof lip.
 
This stuff lasts for hours on end. I only found that I needed to touch up the inner part of my mouth if I ate something oily or greasy. I have worn this on several occasions and this is some long lasting stuff.
It does not start to crumble or ball up, like some long lasting lippies do. I find this to Wear nicely and stay comfortable on my lips throughout the day. 



It's probably the best velvet liquid lipstick that I have tried. It's very comfortable on the lips and it does not Wear off in an unflattering way. I'm very impressed with this, and it is definately worth the Money.

I would like to get more of these, I think they have a Deep red, that I would like to get my hands on. And hopefully they will continue to expand this line with even more colors.

I give it a big thumbs up. It's definately my favorite long lasting lipstick.
 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks like a nice color. I love a good matte lipstick x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good comfortable matte too.

      Delete

© *Loevens makeup rambles*. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig